2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

GM Performance Parts Turbo Upgrade Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 11:08 AM

I am surprised this thread use to be used all the time.
Guess times are changing.
I still wish I did not have to let out of mine on the highway to get out of any sort of boost then floor it in able to produce full boost.
But from previous posts etc. it appears gm engineers set it this way and it is noticeable in the autos but since you normally downshift quite a bit with a manual and produce the vacuum it is not there.
cant wait for the snow to go away and salt to wash away to bring it back out.
last year at this time in central NY it was about 80 now its low 30's and we got 6" of snow last night.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:25 PM

Is there any way to have the gm turbo upgrade only kick in with competition mode on.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by bmx racer
Is there any way to have the gm turbo upgrade only kick in with competition mode on.
Why would you not want it under all driving. Hwy MPG is better. Throttle response is better. There is no down side to the GM upgrade that I've had in two years except the installing dealer not soldering the wires like he should and routing a wire wrong so it became loose.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by bmx racer
X2 on the why would you?
Oh, and the answer is NO.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:50 PM

I was thinking it would be a good idea because installing the upgrade would also install a block of lead in my boot. Oh well i guess ill have it on all the time when i get it.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:14 PM
Premium Member

So skip it and go to Trifecta, it's easy to get 30mph, or 14. I keep it on all the time, it is nice to have more torque just about anytime.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:43 PM

No need to have it in comp mode as you can control it easy with that long skinny pedal on the floor. With great power comes great responsibility.

I would never not want it all the time. Also my MPG improved with it on all the time.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:23 AM

Hello, I am nutterguy44. I just bought a used 1 owner HHR SS, with 78,300 miles on the odometer. It is a beautiful Sunburst Orange, with factory white side pin striping. The interior is black cloth seats and carpet etc.I bought from a chevy/buick dealership and I will receive free oil changes as long as I own the car. From the looks and running condition of this car I can tell the previous owner loved this car. Now comes my question. Since I really don't know for sure how it was maintained, What should I look for or check closely, or do first to this car?
Old 10-05-2013, 01:38 AM

Hello, I am nutterguy44. I just bought a used 1 owner HHR SS, with 78,300 miles on the odometer. It is a beautiful Sunburst Orange, with factory white side pin striping. The interior is black cloth seats and carpet etc.I bought from a chevy/buick dealership and I will receive free oil changes as long as I own the car. From the looks and running condition of this car I can tell the previous owner loved this car. Now comes my question. Since I really don't know for sure how it was maintained, What should I look for or check closely, or do first to this car?
Old 10-06-2013, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by nutterguy44
Probably should post this under general Hhr ss.
First thing I would do is determine if it has the gm turbo upgrade.
Search on Bosch tmap sensor Hhr ss

Quick Reply: GM Performance Parts Turbo Upgrade Kit