2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Code P0236

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 03:22 PM

Unhappy Code P0236

Ihave 2009 SS Auto with turbo upgrade, just at 21K miles. Everything fine, then funny acceleration and CEL. Was on freeway, so when traffic clear, punched it. 5 PSI boost, then it started dropping off. Drove approx. 25 miles to appointment. Cat shut off approx. 15 min. When i left, i started on freeway ramp, and suddenly approx. 18 PSI boost. Hooked up my OBDII and got code P0236. Have heard tubing leaks, solemiod/actuator problems. etc. ANY HELP???
Old 03-08-2010, 06:18 PM

Here's a list of all of the trouble codes.

Yours is "P0236 Turbocharger Boost System Performance"
Old 03-08-2010, 07:52 PM

I think it's great someone else is having this issue.... I thought it was just me only.....Let me know what you find.....I'm stumped
Old 03-08-2010, 11:25 PM

ii would check the splicing on the wires, tons of people have had issues arise fromm the turbo upgrade. I would imagine this could definitely cause the problem.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:27 AM

You think it's GREAT!!! NO, I understand. So far, blew out air filter with comp air, "fiddled" around with conections. Checked hoses/fittings best i could and cleared the code. Drove it some last night and to work this morning. in "Comp Mode" i punched it somewhat and boost immediately went to about 20-21 PSI in short distance i had to play with it. Still don't trust it. NOthing more fun than an inermittant gremlin in your car! Would still like to hear from others that may have experienced this sh uuhh stuff.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:01 AM

I have been having this issue since the colder weather set in. The turbo is spiking and the MAF is thinking it is over boosting and setting off that code. I have tuned it and tuned it til I'm blue in the face..... I'm not getting nowhere with it....
Old 03-09-2010, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Trukguy
You think it's GREAT!!! NO, I understand. So far, blew out air filter with comp air, "fiddled" around with conections. Checked hoses/fittings best i could and cleared the code. Drove it some last night and to work this morning. in "Comp Mode" i punched it somewhat and boost immediately went to about 20-21 PSI in short distance i had to play with it. Still don't trust it. NOthing more fun than an inermittant gremlin in your car! Would still like to hear from others that may have experienced this sh uuhh stuff.
Getting rid of the butt splices on the new MAP sensors and soldering the wires directly together cured my 3 month battle with this particular gremlin. This may or may not have not been the culprit, but what worked for me and several others, and has been subject of much debate.

Originally Posted by gcsd3742
I have been having this issue since the colder weather set in. The turbo is spiking and the MAF is thinking it is over boosting and setting off that code. I have tuned it and tuned it til I'm blue in the face..... I'm not getting nowhere with it....
Good luck Eric. You know more about this system than me to be of any help, just only to be sympathetic to your plight and frustration.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:52 PM

Hum interesting. i'm on this as of tomorrow morning at 0900
Old 03-10-2010, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by gcsd3742
Hum interesting. i'm on this as of tomorrow morning at 0900
My gremlin is becoming more active. I am a commercial truck saleman, so I drive 70-100 miles around Houston a day making several stops. Now the dang thing works, make stop, works, make stop, works, make stop, quit working, make stop, works again, etc. Please let me know if you get it worked out.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:44 PM

P0236

Not to beat a dead horse but I have a few issues with this Topic in "this" forum.

1. Where are the picture? I have no clue what wires you all are talking about!

2. What is the MAP? Is there more than one? Where is it located.

3. Can you please be specific on what wires need to be crimped, soldered, act. Do I cut the wires and then sodder the two wires together on the same side?

4. Can you bi-pass the MAP and trick the ECU ito thinking it's running good all the time?

5. What about the O-ring for the sensor? Color, part#, how to properly inspected and re-install?

6. And finally, if there is another Thread all this posted on, how about helping people more with a "direct" link they can copy and paste or click on.....

Please help me, if I have all this info... I can fix it myself. I was ASE at one time but lost a lot of memory from an explosion in Afghanistan.

Remember, not everyone know what you are talking about and don't be to inpatient to help someone out....

Quick Reply: Code P0236