2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Problem With HP E47 tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 04:08 PM
Nazgul 9

Already talked to the guy who did my tune... will be done and fixed in the morning :)

Thank you
Thank you!!!!!!!
Thank you

Old 08-26-2016, 08:14 AM

Need to apologize for my somewhat snarky reply yesterday. When I seen the original post and the replies going back and forth I was busy working on something at work and hastily replied. After all we are all here to learn and my reply was a little over the edge after I thought about it.

So with that said I'm assuming you have HPTuners if you loaded the tune. Open VCM editor and then your open your stock file and then go to the top bar under Compare then "Open Compare File" and select E47 file you have. Then select Engine icon and the General tab. You will see MAP look at the values in MAP Sensor Linear and MAP Sensor Offset between the two files. That is where you would scale the MAP sensor. 2 bar sensor would have a value of 55.68 kPa in the MAP Sensor Linear Box and a value of -1.70 kPa in the MAP Sensor Offset box whereas a 3 bar sensor would have a value of 65.89 kPa in the Map Sensor Linear box and a value of -6.35 kPa in the Map Sensor Offset box. You would also need to change some values in the Engine Diagnostics Airflow tab that are different from one sensor to the other. i.e. P0106 Range, High and Low.... there are more. This is a readers digest condensed version of a couple of parameters that need to be changed to upgrade from a 2 bar sensor to a 3 bar sensor.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:18 AM

Also wanted to add another note. In HPT VCM Editor in the Compare tab you can select Comparison Log - Differences and see what has different between the 2 files to get an understanding of what needs to be or has been changed between the 2 files.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:19 AM
Nazgul 9

i am keeping the 2bar... so what do i need to do?

Old 08-26-2016, 08:34 AM

If you have a tuner that you are using I would have him make the changes he should know what the difference are between the 2 files and what needs to be done. He and you will have the files licensed/credits applied for your packages anyone else would have to apply there credits to make make any changes and save the file.

Here is a brief list:

Airflow.
General
MAP Map Sensor Linear, Map Sensor Offset

SC/TC Boost Sensor, Boost Sensor Linear, Boost Sensor Offset

Engine Diagnostics
Airflow
Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor
Boost Sensor
Overboost/Underboost

Look at the differences between the 2 files to get an idea where you need to go.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:41 AM
Nazgul 9

Thank you Dennis... I have talked to the guy that did my tune and he understands what we did wrong and looks like it will be fixed this morning... It was my fault Dave told me about the 3 bar 2 bar change and I forgot....just got to much going on in my head sometimes and in this case ir caused me to forget something very important... uggggg

Old 08-26-2016, 09:14 AM

No problem. The key is to get the file fixed for your 2 bar sensors at this point. I can compare a non licensed file to a licensed file just can't make any changes and save it.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:23 PM
Nazgul 9

ok so changed my mind .. can you maybe help me find the correct 3 bar i need for my HHR ...??

Old 08-26-2016, 06:07 PM

Ecotec Parts GM Stage 1 Sensors
Old 08-27-2016, 04:20 PM

In order to run a tune like that, you really need to understand what's happening in the VCM Scanner. Have you set up channels for logging the vehicle? You should NEVER just copy over a tune without understanding the affects it will have. Really can't stress that enough.

Logging is extremely important to make sure everything is ok, which it sounds like it isn't. Dave's tune has been built for his vehicle over the last few years. Compare the cam timing, stock is around 10* in high load areas. The e47 tune has 24* in those areas.

Quick Reply: Problem With HP E47 tune