2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Problem With HP E47 tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 05:06 PM
Nazgul 9

I believe I need to take a step back here and see what I need to do ...to get my SS back to running right...I am going to have him flash it back to stock on Monday... then see what if any codes show up if none do the i can go from there...

At the mmonet I feel very in the dark so Thank you for helping me...

Old 08-28-2016, 09:14 AM

Let's take 3 or 4 steps back...
Couple questions, did you buy HPT and someone is tuning for you? Or is someone with HPT snagging the e47 and just flashing into your car? It obviously takes more than some e47 and little understanding of what you're doing. Luckily, we're all here to help each other!

You shouldn't be in the dark whatsoever. Here's a start;

LNF TUNERS: Learn, share and make hp HERE!

LNF Guides

I will try today and sit down to finish our own HHR Specific thread here. For now, you've got some research to do. You need to get the proper channels set up to log data from the vehicle using VCM SCANNER. Without that, you could do some serious damage to your engine.

Doc gave a brief list of good places to check out. You also need to look at the OPTIMUM TORQUE. This is a VERY powerful table, changes here make drastic changes elsewhere. You need to have a good understanding of what the tables are for and how they effect the vehicle. You're skating on thin ice by just copy/pasting someone else's work into your ECM. Your tuner should know this.

If your car is an automatic then you've also flashed(calibrated) changes to TCM. Dave's got it setup to shift in half the time of stock. And changed shift points@MPH, etc.

Can't stress enough, you've got to get your VCM SCANNER properly setup. Take a couple logs with the stock tune so you've got something to compare to. Be safe while tuning, an education is very expensive!
Old 08-29-2016, 09:22 AM
Nazgul 9

Someone has it and they are doing it for me.I did alot of reading last nite looks like more today but your help actually everyones help has been great and I know me coming to the ****e and asking questions helped me from really breaking my car...

Old 08-29-2016, 02:37 PM
Nazgul 9

can i install the 3 bar map sensor myself???

Old 08-29-2016, 02:53 PM
Administrator

They look like they are plug and play, with the adaptor harness in the ZZP ad
Old 08-30-2016, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dbeluscak
In order to run a tune like that, you really need to understand what's happening in the VCM Scanner. Have you set up channels for logging the vehicle? You should NEVER just copy over a tune without understanding the affects it will have. Really can't stress that enough.

Logging is extremely important to make sure everything is ok, which it sounds like it isn't. Dave's tune has been built for his vehicle over the last few years. Compare the engine timing, stock is around 10* in high load areas. The e47 tune has 24* in those areas.
True with a gasoline tune...

Ethanol is different.
My tune with a stock intake, or with the K&N intake, will work fine on any HHR SS buggy running E47 thru E100.
When you're running that much Ethanol, the only 'knock', (retard), that you will see is 'false', or what I
call "performance" knock, (retard).

Our ECM is so smart & knows what is normal & what is over aggressive when your tuning for super engine performance.
The engineers designed it this way.
So if it sees something that it doesn't like, or even thinks that something is soon to be going out of bounds,
in what it knows is normal operation, it WILL pull timing.
Yes, our ECM 'looks' into the near 'future' to see if it will be ok & safe to continue with the 'trends' that are developing with the current settings.
It isn't real 'knock', & it causes a lot of guys to go crazy chasing what they believe is real knock, that isn't real knock, it's just 'retard'.

Real 'knock' as seen by the knock-sensors is shown in the 'scanner' program as 'retard'
Timing being 'pulled' by our ECM when it thinks that it needs to be 'pulled', for whatever reason it thinks is necessary, is also shown as 'retard'.

My timimg tables are aggressive for a 2 reasons.
1. To take maximum advantage of 'gods' racing fuel, (Ethanol).
2. To fake out the ECM, to let it 'pull' some timing, when its 'learning' functions tell it to 'pull' some timing.

I get some crazy 'retard' readings, that come & go for no reason, with no effect on performance...
It's just the ECM doing what it was taught to do.

Last edited by 2005HHRauto; 08-31-2016 at 03:25 AM.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:05 PM
Nazgul 9

so tomorrow (((thursday)))) I am tking my car to get the 3 bar sensors installed... however the place to get the tune flashed onto my ecm is about a half hour away will it be ok for me to drive my car that far with it not be flashed after putting on the 3 bar???

Old 08-31-2016, 04:02 PM

No, my understanding is that the car has to be tuned right after the sensors are installed before driving.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by RatRodS
No, my understanding is that the car has to be tuned right after the sensors are installed before driving.
Correct
Old 09-01-2016, 07:33 AM
Platinum Member

Here's a link to the original GMTU instruction sheet.
http://www.crateenginedepot.com/pdfs...structions.pdf
From page 5:
Calibration Information
Your vehicle must be taken to your GM Dealer to have the new
calibration flashed into your ECM. You will ask for your calibration
by part number depending on what vehicle you have installed the
Turbo Upgrade Kit. To get your calibration you will need the serial
number for your kit, which is located on the outside of the box as
well as your authorization code located on page 1 of your I-sheets.
Ask for one of the following part numbers. We do not recommend
that the vehicle be driven to the dealership to be flashed after the
new sensors have been installed. However, if this does occur
please ignore all codes until the new calibration is received.

Quick Reply: Problem With HP E47 tune