2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Stock Boost around 10psi

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Perfect, then you've done your due diligence and know you got what you paid for, brand new up to date connections and not used, for just $10.00 more, now maybe the member selling his will see this and adjust his price accordingly or not, but I did try to promote our members first, and that's all I was attempting.
Cheers!
Old 08-31-2015, 05:18 PM

im wanting to do the stage one kit but i have quick question. if i install the sensors my self than drive to the dealer is it going to have any affect to my hhr or does the dealer have to do all the work at the same time?
Old 08-31-2015, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by DrLoch
Or just get the sensors and adapters, CED LNF Stage Kit CEDLNF1
and modify the stock file.

It has been determined by a number of people on the tuning end that working with the stock file and adding the calibration for the sensors has worked out better than using the GMTU tune. On my 2008 SS I removed my original tune to have the GMTU kit installed as was very disappointed in the performance of that tune, but, I wanted/needed the 3bar sensors so at the time (2008/2009) that was the only way to get them and still have a warranty. I've since altered my stock file to add the performance enhancements I like and I can say I am much happier. Since mine kit was one of the first releases it didn't have the adapters. I had to go back a remove the crimp on connectors and solder and heat shrink the connections. Mine never threw a code but I would have reduced boost conditions, soldering the connections fixed the issue.
what tune can i use if i go this route
Old 08-31-2015, 05:48 PM
Technical Moderator

Whatever you you want to pay for?
Old 08-31-2015, 06:07 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by lafinests213
im wanting to do the stage one kit but i have quick question. if i install the sensors my self than drive to the dealer is it going to have any affect to my hhr or does the dealer have to do all the work at the same time?
If you install the Tmap sensors yourself, then drive to the dealer for the reflash, it will throw a bunch of codes and probably run like crap on the way there.
The dealer is most likely gonna charge the full labor hours anyway because it's based on what the labor book calls for. Usually it's in the $200 range.
May as well let them do the sensors too if their going to charge you for it.

Being a former mechanic ( and I hate for any one else to work on my vehicles), I thought about doing the sensors myself. Wasn't a money thing for me but I realized that if I had any problems after the reflash, then the dealer could deny the warranty that comes with the kit/install and blame it on my work.
Yes there is a GM warranty with the GMTU kit.

Best to let the dealer do it all if you go with the factory GMTU.

Last edited by firemangeorge; 08-31-2015 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
If you install the Tmap sensors yourself, then drive to the dealer for the reflash, it will throw a bunch of codes and probably run like crap on the way there.
The dealer is most likely gonna charge the full labor hours anyway because it's based on what the labor book calls for. Usually it's in the $200 range.
May as well let them do the sensors too if their going to charge you for it.

Being a former mechanic ( and I hate for any one else to work on my vehicles), I thought about doing the sensors myself. Wasn't a money thing for me but I realized that if I had any problems after the reflash, then the dealer could deny the warranty that comes with the kit/install and blame it on my work.
Yes there is a GM warranty with the GMTU kit.

Best to let the dealer do it all if you go with the factory GMTU.
Got thanks bro
Old 09-01-2015, 08:30 AM

As firemangeorge said, you can't install the sensors and drive the car to the dealer.. some have tried it. My suggestion is to find a local tuner that knows how to tune an LNF. Trust me they are a different animal from anything else. If they know about the LNF they should also know about the calibration required for the new sensors and will be able to do it for you.