2.2L Performance Tech 16 valve 143 hp EcoTec with 150 lb-ft of torque

For the newbie here.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 12:36 PM

After shipped stuff back and forth it comes up around $180 or so if I can remember right.

http://pcmforless.com

Here is their website. I cannot access it from this computer. LAN restrictions..
Old 11-05-2010, 12:44 PM

OK I got the website catagorized my the network manager so I could access it. I did not see the 2.2 listed as a tune option, only the 2.4 and 2.0. I emailed them to see what the deal is.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Banned

Ok.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:31 PM

They said they do not support the 2.2 because their HP Tuner software doesn't support the 2.2.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:05 PM

The latest HPTuners beta supports the '08 and up 2.2 & 2.4 with the E37 ECM.

The only ECM not supported is the earlier E16a ECM on the early 2.2.

Alvin at PCMforless is a sharp dude. He should know this.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:16 PM

I just emailed Kelly back and asked her to run that info by Alvin. Thanks
Old 11-05-2010, 04:01 PM

OK so this is the responce I recieved, kinda sounds promising.....

"We may have time to do some R&D on these in December. For Nov we have a bit too much on our plate at the shop. We would probably need a 2.2L for 2-3 days. I am pretty certain that if it's still in beta that reading it will return an invalid OS/VIN pair, which is going to have to be fixed by HPTuners (sometimes takes a while for them to get back to us) before we can actually tune it. "
Old 12-06-2010, 02:10 PM

Thanks for posting that, hatetoorun. Any updates would be appreciated.

AM
Old 01-24-2011, 04:51 PM
Banned

What's the latest on this? I am seriously considering a 2.2 Trifecta tune on my HHR.

How much is it for everything? Shipping, software, etc.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Officer1151
I know I may have a lot of posts under my belt, but I am still new to my HHR.
Since I have no idea what to look for for quality parts, I was hoping someone could help me figure out brands and prices for performance mods to my 2008 Shadow Edition..

I am looking to get a Cold Air intake, Larger injectors, Performance Spark Plugs and MAYBE a nos kit if I feel so warranted to do so.

Any help here guys?

-Officer1151
I'll give you my spin on this. I have built many cars in the past few years and maybe this can help.

When it comes to modding a car you need to look from the start of where Air enters the intake track and when it exits and from every part of that process there are most times a place where it can be improved. BUT being that said sometimes there is a trade off of driveability or something like interior cabin noise or rattles do pop up. The question is what can you tolerate?

My Wife's 2007 HHR LT came out of warrentee this past Sept. so basically we are going to own this vehicle long term, kinda sucks, not a fan of it but might as well make the best of it.

Since it has a Eco-tec engine in it, at least there is some support for it and as a guy who races I would look beyond HHR for some of the internal mods and look at places that sells stuff for Cobalts for example.

Looking at the options you can do alot of things such as buying a cold air intake or even making one. I saw one that want to do as it will pull from the grill. Then looking at other "bolt on" mods such as header, and removing the CATS, down to a high flow muffler. You can get a kit made for the car or one fabbed up.

Then looking at internals such has cyl head work, changing compression or even changing cams those will help power.

Doing tunes are great and help cars from making stock power and changing timing and shift points, removing limiters etc etc. BUT when you change the A/F Ratio, you really need to have it retuned not only for WOT (Wide Open Throttle), but also PART throttle and IMO a dyno tune is key.

Street tunes are fine as long as the data can be logged and a competent Tuner can make the correct changes.

I have more, but im at work and I will post more on this subject.

Quick Reply: For the newbie here.