2.2L Performance Tech 16 valve 143 hp EcoTec with 150 lb-ft of torque

Supercharge the HHR?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 01:43 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by prod
will do, but at this point it might not be until spring. Just need a method of mounting the cobalt heat exchanger, see if theres room to keep the original engine coolant resevoir, and hopefully be able to bend the a/c line out of the way. Id need a week of downtime and this is my only vehicle.
There is, this is hhrfreeks and you can see it. His was a 5 speed.

And this is the stock SS/SC intercooler filler neck and bracket, bolts right to the M-62 Supercharger.
So you can fill your intercooler setup right up top.

If you go with the "Option B" setup you add another small tank like this and it adds more coolant to the system. More coolant, cooler temps.

Name:  afff23f4.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  38.8 KB

I'm so Close part wise now I can Taste my install coming on soon.

If youve read my thread you'll know I bought hhrfreeks cammed ported head, a bad mab shorty header and just got my ZZP downpipe the other day, got the motor and trans mounts going in as well from TTR plus a few other things with my supercharger install.

I'm adding the AC and haronic balancer pullies to my system since I have all the other Cobalt pullies, so I will be using the Stock belt width without having to cut a rib off the belt.

I posted a Link here to my thread it has Lot of pics.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:29 AM

Yeah but auto like mine has less room up front, may not work that way. Id love dual pass and option b, not sure if the tank will fit though. Its a pain to bleed the system with the little filler neck. Did he have it on his hhr?
It will all need trial fitting, which is why I havent had the block of time I need.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:20 AM

keep up the good work...this will be cool to see
Old 09-29-2012, 12:53 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by prod
Yeah but auto like mine has less room up front, may not work that way. Id love dual pass and option b, not sure if the tank will fit though. Its a pain to bleed the system with the little filler neck. Did he have it on his hhr?
It will all need trial fitting, which is why I havent had the block of time I need.

Have a look here, this HHR Auto Trans was just recently done.

He Moved the filler neck that usually bolts to the supercharger.

I am also running a auto trans.

http://*****************************...er=asc&start=0

Here since it's Blocking the link (how silly) go to the Other HHR Forum and search for

> Its Official, Geo is now Juiced- 8 lbs
Old 09-30-2012, 01:12 AM

thanks, a few new details in there. Looks like he did relocate the coolant tank to the passenger side. And cutting the engine casting to clear tensioner pulley is something I didnt see before.