2.4L Performance Tech 16 valve 172 hp EcoTec with 162 lb-ft of torque

turbo install

Old 08-26-2015, 09:00 PM

turbo install

Got a turbo kit from a person that is or was on this site and got it installed and have started a trifecta tune, car idles fine but after car is warmed up the car dies when clutch is pushed in.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:45 PM
Premium Member

That's a really good question. But it creates more questions than answers for me......GDZHHR, Is the only one I remember that turbo'd one, send Him a pm maybe he still lurks in the background, and can give you a clue......
Old 08-26-2015, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by SS fan
That's a really good question. But it creates more questions than answers for me......GDZHHR, Is the only one I remember that turbo'd one, send Him a pm maybe he still lurks in the background, and can give you a clue......
He is the one I got the stuff from and the last question I asked him he said he didn't know much about the build.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:34 PM

Have you checked for vacuum leaks?
Old 08-28-2015, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by cllwyrc1
He is the one I got the stuff from and the last question I asked him he said he didn't know much about the build.
In order to help understand here. You bought a turbo "kit" that he put together. Since the 2.4 didn't come with a turbo I'll since you're controlling it manually with BOV and wastegate.

Any other symptoms? I can't see why it wouldn't stay running while the clutch is depressed.

So it idles fine, you push down the clutch and it dies? Is that correct? Any strange noises? I take it the "kit" came with it's own pre tuned ECM. Got any pics of the setup, or what you got with the kit.

I'll gladly help diagnose, just need some more details. I'm also confused by the seller. So he sold this to you but doesn't know much about the build? Was this a complete motor? Has it ever been run with the turbo setup. Sorry, I'm just making more questions for myself trying to understand.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Dbeluscak
In order to help understand here. You bought a turbo "kit" that he put together. Since the 2.4 didn't come with a turbo I'll since you're controlling it manually with BOV and wastegate.

Any other symptoms? I can't see why it wouldn't stay running while the clutch is depressed.

So it idles fine, you push down the clutch and it dies? Is that correct? Any strange noises? I take it the "kit" came with it's own pre tuned ECM. Got any pics of the setup, or what you got with the kit.

I'll gladly help diagnose, just need some more details. I'm also confused by the seller. So he sold this to you but doesn't know much about the build? Was this a complete motor? Has it ever been run with the turbo setup. Sorry, I'm just making more questions for myself trying to understand.
It didn't come with a ecu and the set up is exactly the same as his minus the automatic. It had a miss fire but I just took care of that and still wants to die. I'm thinking it's still a tune issue, car has only had one data log on it but I would still like to know if it's something else.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:12 PM

And what was his setup?.What kind of turbo? How is it controlled? I'll see if I can find the other thread. Could be a tuning issue, but if it idles fine I can't see why it wouldn't stay running.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dbeluscak
And what was his setup?.What kind of turbo? How is it controlled? I'll see if I can find the other thread. Could be a tuning issue, but if it idles fine I can't see why it wouldn't stay running.
It's a hahn's turbo kit, running 8-9 psi all engine components are stock. 60# injectors, factory ecu. If you look him up it's pretty easy to find his car
Old 08-28-2015, 05:41 PM
Technical Moderator

The automatic trans would have a big difference in tuning from a 5 speed.

There is a clutch pedal position sensor, I think. That probably shorts something, or sends a signal to the ECU? Just trying logic, since I don't know nothing.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by cllwyrc1
Got a turbo kit from a person that is or was on this site and got it installed and have started a trifecta tune, car idles fine but after car is warmed up the car dies when clutch is pushed in.

I would question the tune. As donbrew suggested there is a clutch switch to contend with. Have you contacted trifecta ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: turbo install