Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

ACC window washer tank dress up...

Old 06-19-2008, 06:11 PM

ACC window washer tank dress up...

this week Joan and i did some dress up under the hood.

this post is about the windshield washer tank dress up...

generally when spending the many pennies that i did for this pieve of SS... i would expect it to be a quick drop in.

not so. some of you already know tht my eye sight is nearly gone but i still can get around a car...

took off the nut that holds the tank to the side of the engine compartment... placed the SS piece over the fluid filler hole... could not get the oval/slot to fit to the bolt on the side 1/4-3/8" off. brought joan out for her eyes to see if i was missing something... we removed the nuts from the other two attaching points... still could not make the slot reach the protruding bolt...

finally took my rat file and elonegated the hole about a 1/4" horizontally... still had to use pressure to make it slid over the bolt. put the three nuts back on and tightened things down.

this just doesn t seem right.

my thought is that ACC actually should have possitioned the slot horizontally instead of vertically...

i worked as metal fab inspector for a few months and was amazed how many times engineering drawing were turned around before production.

did anyone eles have this experiance? what did you do to make it work... did you complain to ACC...

or is my touchy feely just not working here
Old 06-19-2008, 08:32 PM

My experience with their products is that they seem to need a little more attention to fit. The radiator shroud is an all-day task that requires two people! Nice stuff though once you are done. i've got a number of their pieces.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:00 PM

think i ll skip that project for a while. what was the issure that took two days