Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Front Splitter

Old 08-25-2010, 03:41 PM

Front Splitter

I've seen several times where people have wanted to put a splitter on the front of the HHR.I have found some on E-Bay that just may work.They look real good on the Cobalt and these splitters are universal fit.The E Bay store carrying these is Formula X Motorworks and the mfg company is Autotecknic.They come in plastic or carbon fiber and range in price from 40 to 95 dollars.Check them out.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:01 AM

I was seriouly considering adding a custom made front splitter, and also a rear diffusser on my SS.
After lowering with Pedders springs, I'm having second thoughts about the front splitter. I'm already wicked close to hitting the front facia on the curbs, and a front splitter may not last long. Rear diffuser is still a go, but the front splitter will have to take some more thinking.
After the springs settled, I sure don't have much clearance in the front. "Moon"
Old 08-26-2010, 02:52 PM

Ya Moon,I know what you are saying.The ones on EBay are actually what they call flippers and only cover about half of the underside air dam.With some fabrication it looks like you could fill in the rest of way.There are a couple of cars on Cobaltss.net that has these.One looks like it has quite a low stance and not claiming any problems.By the way,how is the carbon fiber stripe coming?Anxious to see how it comes out.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:09 PM

Everthing pretty much on hold at the present time, due to workload.
Lots of car shows lately, so have been busy with that stuff, and planning a couple weeks trip back to Texas, in the SS, in Sept.
After that will get back on finishing up my mods.
Still not sure on the front splitter[SS kinda low now], but hope to do rear diffuser, black led tail lights, and either a carbon fibre stripe, or a painted one[had'nr made up my mind yet].
After these mods, I think it will be done, for awhile. "Moon"
Old 08-26-2010, 08:20 PM

Hey Moon,
um how low are you sitting in the front now? I was gonna buy some pedders this week and one of the carbon splitters, but now I'm not so sure. Knoxville is pretty hilly and bumpy.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:25 PM

Waitin to see a nice spliter on a SS.

The evo, Oh' sorry , The rear air difusers on the SS , I like , But need to see a front spliter.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design
Hey Moon,
um how low are you sitting in the front now? I was gonna buy some pedders this week and one of the carbon splitters, but now I'm not so sure. Knoxville is pretty hilly and bumpy.
Pedders dropped the frt an additional 1 1/4" on mine
Old 08-27-2010, 12:35 AM

Not sure just how low[until I measure], but it's almost on top of low curbs, once it settled. I just might have a problem keeping a front splitter on, but we'll see about that later. If I do one, I'll have it custom made locally.
Pedders is the way to go. "Moon"
Old 08-27-2010, 10:34 AM

Moon, would you prefer the springs over the coilovers? I believe you helped a fellow member install the coilovers IIRC. I may be going the coilover route just for the ease of raising/lowering with the seasons in New England (CT winters are brutal on lowered cars).

Later
Allex
Old 08-27-2010, 02:14 PM

I personally could'nt see any real benefit, other that the adjustablity of coilovers, and could'nt justity the price. I just installed Pedders springs, and a OTTPerformance inch and a quarter sway bar, and got the handing I was looking for.
If you want to be able to raise and lower the height, and adjust the damping, then coilovers make sense. Out here in Cali. we don't have to worry about winters[ours are mild] and no need to raise and lower car.
So far, I'm real happy with my setup. The SS corners like a slot car, and with the Trifecta tune, it has all the power I can put down. A few of my "Heavy hitter" car guy friends can testify to that[yeah, I run around with some real "Heavy hitters", you may have heard about in the publications ect.].
About helping install coilovers: Did'nt help, only saw them before install.
Not sure what happed to ole "Bunkie". Have'nt heard from him in awhile.
Anyway, it's Goodguys car show weekend, so I'm off to the show[only to look and STS] today. Later "Moon"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front Splitter