Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Lumen replacement LED bulbs

Old 10-21-2014, 04:44 AM
Site Partner

Lumen replacement LED bulbs

The incandescent bulbs haven't really developed that much in the 140 years they have existed, while the development rate of LEDs is very rapid, with LED performance being doubled every 36 months, a development rate that is similar to the fast pace of computer development. There is no doubt that the future of automotive lighting belongs to the LEDs. What is LED? LED is short for Light Emitting Diodes. This is a form of transistor, doped with a substrate that emits light when current is applied. The LEDs have a number of advantages over incandescent lighting that are very attractive for automotive use:

- They are very insensitive to vibrations
- They last for the life of the vehicle (does not apply to headlight LEDs yet)
- They can be baked into moisture proof casings to be installed in all kinds of harsh environments
- They light up much quicker than incandescent bulbs
- They are extremely compact
- They can be made to emit different colors
- They run cool
- They give more light per supplied watt than incandescent light bulbs.

All these was combined in LED bulbs, made by Lumen. To read more about this brand and check all featured products, you can visit this page: Lumen Off-Road Light Bars, Day Running Lights & LED Bulbs at CARiD.com
Their high-quality replacement LED bulbs and first-rate sealed off-road lights are designed to upgrade and customize all exterior and interior light sources on your vehicle. The mirroring that the large number of compact transistors within an LED bulb creates is a sparkling, jewel-like effect that's dazzling to the eye, no matter what color light is produced. Their ability to illuminate two-tenths of a second quicker than traditional incandescent bulbs pays dividends that can save your life on the road. Lighting up a fifth of a second faster allows motorists behind your vehicle to see your braking or turning actions quicker. Check all the types of bulbs, available for your vehicle with this link: Chevy HHR LED Lights & Replacement Bulbs at CARiD.com

Also make sure to check the led bulbs comparison here.

What do you think about these LED bulbs?
Old 10-21-2014, 03:09 PM
Platinum Member

Ford's got the best LED headlights I've seen on the 2015, F150.

Absolutely amazing and ........BEEEEEAUTIFULLLLLLLL.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Ford's got the best LED headlights I've seen on the 2015, F150.

Absolutely amazing and ........BEEEEEAUTIFULLLLLLLL.
Except that they look like the Toyota Tundra... I'm not liking 2015 Ford.

Those LED lights do look pretty b!tchin' though. How do they compare to projectors as far as light output and spread? Are they plug and play?
Old 10-21-2014, 08:15 PM
Banned

I want to get LED headlights, not HIDs. Just LED headlights that are PnP. Save me from ripping up my arms! lol
Old 10-21-2014, 08:28 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Frenchy42
Except that they look like the Toyota Tundra... I'm not liking 2015 Ford.

Those LED lights do look pretty b!tchin' though. How do they compare to projectors as far as light output and spread? Are they plug and play?
Don't know about plug and play. Had an opportunity to drive one and really liked the visibility. It does provide light in the 5000K spectrum, much like many American OEM auto manufacturers, utilizing HID. The guy that I was with indicated Ford and the vendor of the light system, collaborated on the design. It might even be proprietary. But it is a very nice piece of engineering IMO.

As far as output and spread I would say they are the same. Guess they would need to be to comply with DOT, etc.

Last edited by Snoopy; 10-21-2014 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:45 PM

I looked and didn't see LED headlight replacements for our cars on the website listed.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:08 AM
Deceased

If any of you follow Eric The Car Guy on YouTube, he just did an LED headlamp retrofit in an old Acura Vigor.

While quite a bit brighter than the old Halogen bulbs, the LED units seem to suffer from a bit of "beam spread" that combined with their higher temperature light may cause some oncoming drivers to be dazzled by the glare.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:01 AM
Site Partner

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us, guys. All the bulbs that we carry are approved by U.S. Department of Transportation and Society of Automotive Engineers. They are designed to fit original factory bulb sockets without any modifications for easy installation. When converting to LED light bulbs, the next thing you should be aware of is that most vehicles use a thermal flasher unit to control the turn signals. However, most thermal flasher units are not compatible with LED lights without a resistor installed with them. Resistors are nothing more than devices that “fool” the vehicle into thinking it still has the original bulbs.
Also, you can check the comparison of LED and halogen bulbs here: Lumen - LED vs. Halogen
Old 10-22-2014, 06:20 AM
Banned

I really want to get Hi/Lo LED headlights. Do you have any of these available Carid? I have seen some others that are just Lo, no Hi.. But I drive too many back country roads to not have Hi..
Old 10-22-2014, 07:17 AM

Looks like the link has no HHR headlight bulbs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lumen replacement LED bulbs