Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Windshield graphics and wipers

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 08:22 AM

Windshield graphics and wipers

What happens if a windshield graphic is in the path of the wiper blades? Do they hold up to the wear?
How long should a graphic "cure" before using the wiper blades (or is that a silly question?) if they hit it?
Old 08-23-2006, 10:14 AM

Mine has been on for 10-months now (and through last winter), - it still looks like new.

Made to last...
Old 08-23-2006, 10:21 AM

I completley lost my mind when I put mine on, and it did not go on straight...

so I just re-ordered another one...!! I think I'm gonna take this one to my local sign guy to put on for me...!!
Old 08-23-2006, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by El_Guapo
I completley lost my mind when I put mine on, and it did not go on straight...

so I just re-ordered another one...!! I think I'm gonna take this one to my local sign guy to put on for me...!!
i can give you some tips if you show me what graphic youre trying to install, i worked at a sign shop for three years

and for the thread question as lonng as there are no sharp thin points where the wiper will be "pickin" at you should be fine, if its dark colors you may want to apply some wax right away after sticking just to keep the wiper from surface scratching it
Old 08-23-2006, 10:35 AM

I got it on ok, although it took longer than I thought it would- I did the soapy water thing because I just knew I would fungool it up if I tried to do it dry. I managed to get all the bubbles out, which I presume is key to the wipers not catching on it?

But I am still apprehensive about the wipers, and won't drive in rain until I have to- although with South Florida in August that means all of about half an hour. I guess I'll just stay home the rest of the day.

And dang if I don't see a flaw now- didn't see it in person but with the photo now I am just mad- that little doobie piece on the left is gone.
Crap.
I'm going to take the little piece off the other side to make it match and try not to worry about it. Or maybe trim the tails on the lower whoosh and use a piece to fill in?

At least now I won't be so devastated if the wipers make a bigger mess of it.

OK- I got it fixed. I trimmed the lower tails and made a piece to fill in. You can barely tell even if you know where to look. But I wonder if I've compromised the sticky?
Old 08-23-2006, 10:35 AM

No problems with mine either...staying on quite nicely. I am thinking about getting another one from SoCalHHR's. Hey Mike...didn't you say they come in silver too? Want to keep the silver theme going on.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:56 AM
Banned

I had one taken out by a chunk of ice stuck to my wiper blades. But being in Florida I don't think you have to worry about that problem.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
Hey Mike...didn't you say they come in silver too? Want to keep the silver theme going on.
They sure do Deb:

It is a nice metallic silver that is very durable - same color as your flame stickers.

*BTW- I don't have a picture of our Tribal design on an HHR - I know quite a few have ordered them. If you have one on your vehicle (anyone?), please email me a good pic and we will get it up on the site.
Thanks!
Old 08-23-2006, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by crowbar
i can give you some tips if you show me what graphic youre trying to install, i worked at a sign shop for three years.
Please give me some tips. I have one from SoCal's(silver metallic) that I really do not want to mess up. I did mess up the first one .
Old 08-23-2006, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cearbhaill
I got it on ok, although it took longer than I thought it would- I did the soapy water thing because I just knew I would fungool it up if I tried to do it dry.

I haven't put any graphics on yet. On my model planes, I use window cleaner instead of soapy water, because it appears to have less of a bubble issue to fool with. Will that work here, as well?

Quick Reply: Windshield graphics and wipers