Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Windshield Visor

Old 06-30-2006, 07:05 PM

Windshield Visor

I saw in the Solvang photos that one guy has a visor on his windshield. We are going really retro with our LS and that is one thing my wife has been asking for. Does anyone know if that is a one-off or is that available somewhere?

I've also got to find some black running boards. Anybody got a lead on a good deal?
Old 06-30-2006, 07:16 PM

visor

Originally Posted by Songman
I saw in the Solvang photos that one guy has a visor on his windshield. We are going really retro with our LS and that is one thing my wife has been asking for. Does anyone know if that is a one-off or is that available somewhere?

I've also got to find some black running boards. Anybody got a lead on a good deal?
it's sold by a pt iooser company in cafi, don't remember the name of it. hope that helps
Old 06-30-2006, 07:31 PM

The place you are looking for with that particular visor is http://www.californiacruisers.com/. I've never heard a good word about them. Lund is now manufacturing a visor for the HHR, but there is nothing retro about it. Typical Lund styling. Good stuff by unimaginative designers.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:36 PM

good word

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
The place you are looking for with that particular visor is http://www.californiacruisers.com/. I've never heard a good word about them. Lund is now manufacturing a visor for the HHR, but there is nothing retro about it. Typical Lund styling. Good stuff by unimaginative designers.
how many bad words about them ? we may need to know.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:38 PM

I have heard through the HHR grapevine that their service is awful. It's tough to place an order, then they lead you around. There seems to be a lot of happy Loser owners. And I have also read an occasional good word about them....of course from people who live close enough to drive there. Maybe someday things will improve. I personally like the looks of their visor, but because of what I have heard, won't order one.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:15 PM

That HHR is there now getting Lambo doors installed. He brings it down from the Frisco area.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:56 AM

I'm definitely close enough to drive down and pick something up. I do hate to hear that they are not good vendors otherwise though. Now I just want to see how they mount.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:16 AM

I'm definitely close enough to drive down and pick something up. I do hate to hear that they are not good vendors otherwise though. Now I just want to see how they mount.
The car was at our Solvang Run. They screw to the side pillars from the inside (drilling through the body is required), and the center has a support "pod" that has to be glued to the windshield with a massive glob of silicone seal. It can bee seen from inside the car while driving.

It does match the HHR very well though.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:46 AM

Yeah, that is what I was afraid of. I don't want to butcher the car just to have a visor on it. I'll keep looking. Thanks for the input.

And SoCal.. I'll be ordering stuff soon now that we finally got the HHR! I just now noticed ya'll are in Murrieta! I wish I had known that a few days ago. I have been in Hemet for a week and have driven through Murrieta both yesterday and today going back and forth to San Diego. We're going home tomorrow afternoon and I am sure you are closed tomorrow. I guess I'll have to catch you next time for a personal visit.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:24 AM

Heres some info about a visor I found awhile back...

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/pe...06&partid=4972

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Windshield Visor