Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Electrical anomally

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 11:30 PM

Electrical anomally

2009 HHR Panel

so it seems after looking through past posts that the wiring in these are commonly faulty. I figured I'd share this.

so a while ago, just before I brought my car in for the ignition recall, I was getting the service airbag light coming on and off daily. after they finished their work the problem was fixed...I never saw the light again. That is until the other day(with my inspection due of course). I recently installed a new radio with a usb port. I bought it not only to have a better system but also in hopes the radio was why my front speakers didn't work. I didn't expect so reading all the posts regarding speakers but I did have high hope. anyway, everything has worked fine with the radio(except front spkrs). I got a new USB cable to keep in the car. Been using it for a few days....right around when my light started going on and off. you guessed it...looks like the cord is setting off the airbag light! I noticed the light went out as soon as I unplugged it the other day. I haven't used the cord and the light hasn't come on since. Im going for my inspection before I decide to plug it in again and verify but im confident this is the problem. Oh, and the left front speaker decided to work all of a sudden too.

Just crazy. i'm still trying to figure why my passenger power window doesn't work, if anyone has thoughts on that. I bought a new motor/track but it still doesn't work. I can hear clicking at the passenger side switch when I flip it so sounds like power is getting to that anyway.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:09 AM
Technical Moderator

There is an airbag recall on some 2009 HHRs. You might check your particular status.
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/gm-r...-status-50716/
Old 02-02-2017, 09:50 AM
Administrator

The seat pressure switch is responding to the cord? Are you placing the device on the seat?

The door speakers are a common problem, they're prone to moisture and short out, sometimes they dry enough to work intermittently, they need to be replaced.

Is you new radio OEM or aftermarket?
If it's OEM did you have a dealership match it to your HHR from the donor HHR

As for the airbag, are you saying you plug in the USB cable and the air bag light comes on , or is it that you plug the cable into the radio and the other end into the phone or other device and set it in the passenger seat and the airbag light comes in?

The 2009 model did have said recall for the harness connections in the passenger side kick panel
Old 02-02-2017, 09:57 AM

As for the window, are you saying that neither the passenger side switch, nor the master driver's side switch, will operate the window?