Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

NO sound from Radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 02:21 PM
JCC

Cool NO sound from Radio

Just got my first HHR, it's a 08 and was told the radio didn't work at time of the buy, so don't know what happen to it. The facts are it does play through the sm twitters on the windshield post but none of the lager door speakers... at one time it did play for a short time through one or two of the pass. (right side ) door speakers (only once). I'm sure it is a short and found that Chev had a great problem with this for some years starting in the early 2000 on the larger models. Anyone had this problem with the HHR...and look at the problem fix here that I found:

Do the HHR have an Amp in the rear like in the big Chev are showing in the video? Where would it be in the HHR? The rubber strip coming off and letting in rain water into the cabin air filter area (above blower motor area) is something for all to watch-out for... it is an easy fix as shown. Thanks Drivers
Old 05-28-2015, 06:02 PM
Platinum Member

Seven year old car, I would say the speakers are gone. Many members here have had to replace speakers in their HHR's. Most seem to be caused by water intrusion on the back side of the speakers.
The tweeters usually last longer because they are inside the car's interior and not subject to the water intrusion.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:30 PM
Technical Moderator

Welcome!
Thanks for that info.

Type "butyl patch" into the SEARCH box to find out about that leak (on 2006 models and a few 2007s only). And "speakers" for lots of stuff about the water logged door speakers. And "premium radio" for info about the amplifier.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site! New speaker time, if it's the Pioneer Premium sound system it'll have a woofer and amp in the left rear of the car! Pop open the little access panel and look to the front , the sub box will be right there!
Old 06-08-2015, 09:39 PM
JCC

UPDATE: For the last 5-6 days I get 3 of the 4 door speakers working BUT the sound comes and goes!
The only one not working at all is the RIGHT FRONT DOOR. At one time the RIGHT REAR door speaker worked ONLY?? Again the sound comes and goes and mostly not at all... but the 2 small woofers in the front work all the time.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:32 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JCC
UPDATE: For the last 5-6 days I get 3 of the 4 door speakers working BUT the sound comes and goes!
The only one not working at all is the RIGHT FRONT DOOR. At one time the RIGHT REAR door speaker worked ONLY?? Again the sound comes and goes and mostly not at all... but the 2 small woofers in the front work all the time.
Guessing you meant small tweeters above ^ .
Like stated above. Most likely time for new speakers.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:28 AM
Platinum Member

Just replace the door speakers as suggested several times already. Bad speakers can be flakey - they can work one day, and not the next.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:36 PM
JCC

OK members I will try one of the front door speakers and if that works will go to the others. NOW where do I get the best deal on new speakers? What is a good brand for general listening and easy mounting. Just a fair one at the best deal at the low end and middle price range. Like one that I don't have to get a mounting kit for... would like one that I make up from the old speaker would be alright. Tell me what the best deals are and where to find them. THANKS>
Old 06-18-2015, 08:17 PM
Technical Moderator

Use the SEARCH tool. Lots of info about speakers and how to mount them.

Try eBay for deals.

As to "best"; don't bother asking a question like that on the internet. Everyone has a belly button, too.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:52 PM

I have same problem no radio nothing not sound at all.. So is that mean have to replace whole speakers.. Man I hope it not cost too much to buy new one

Quick Reply: NO sound from Radio