Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Various HHR Sub Installs...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Members here might have one, EBay might have some, your GM dealer would be a little spendy !
Old 03-27-2015, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Members here might have one, EBay might have some, your GM dealer would be a little spendy !
Yep none i could find on ebay, rockauto has an acdelco oem but includes speaker and i dont need the speaker just the housing
We don't have a lot of junkyards around and cant seem to find any thru the online parts search engines 😞
Old 03-28-2015, 02:20 PM

What is the power/output of stock sub/amp in the pioneer setup? Im wondering if that shallow mounted pioneer on the last page is a good upgrade.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:58 PM

Kinda New to the sound system stuff, do I match the rms of the amp to the rms of the sub or what.. I just bought the shallow mount 600w (150rms) pioneer 8" (dual 2ohm voice coils), not really sure what kinda of amp to push it. Swapping the factory with the shallow mount since the factory one is starting to crackle.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Putter
Here is my current setup.
12" installed under the rear deck...
WITH the spare tire in its original location (only flipped over)...
This is a sealed box with somewhere between 1 and 1.25 cubic ft. Hard to calculate with the round 'sump' portion.
##This box is for sale HERE

Amps are located in the factory subwoofer location with forced air cooling (via hidden computer fans).
****Please excuse the 'dusty' look. I have since cleaned it all up

Now you see it....

Now you don't....

Spare tire still in factory location....
(the blue towel is there so I can wipe myself off after an emergency tire change)

And here is the rest of it...
Hi Putter!
I know this is a long shot, but is there any possibility you have more pictures of your install?
I will be doing a very similar install and was hoping you could provide me with some more info / ideas? I need to retain the cargo area for my detailing business on the weekends, however I don't use the storage underneath for anything.
Did you wind up fiberglassing the bottom of the box or is it all wood?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!
Old 03-09-2016, 03:00 PM

Question

So I had 2 12" JL subs put in and I keep getting this crazy rattle from where the premium sub is. How can I eliminate the rattle?
Old 01-26-2019, 02:34 AM
Premium Member

Amps
Old 12-07-2021, 04:47 PM

Rockford Fosgate - P300-8P

Just putting this here for search purposes, especially Google search. Rockford P300-8P

Old 02-14-2022, 03:06 AM
Premium Member

Someone had an HHR at the SQ show today/yesterday!

Old 06-26-2022, 07:22 PM

Lightbulb Chevy HHR Subwoofer Upgrade

I finally completed my HHR Subwoofer Upgrade & Amp Install. I used the existing Stock enclosure. The Sub is a Polk Audio DB842DVC 8" Sub. DB842 DVC 8" Subwoofer | Car & Marine | Polk Audio™ The amp is a Nakamich NKMD60.4 Nakamichi NKMD60.4 – Nakamichi Car Audio I first Dynamat the interior of the Enclosure then stuff with polyfill. I added a 1/2" Speaker spacer. I Dynamat Taped the outside Seams of the Enclosure. This MAKES a Big Difference!! I then Dynamat Taped the whole exterior as well. I removed the Stock Pioneer HU/Sub Amp Completely. Installed the Nakamichi in that space. Split and Splice into the Harness for Speaker Connectors. I have Heavy Duty Shieled RCA Cables from the front to the rear also. My HU is an Atoto S8 Standard Android in Dash unit. The output voltage is low so I needed to add a PAC LD-10 Line Output Converter to boost the voltage. This gadget is handy! I also installed a Volume knob in the dash so I can control the thump. I had a Kenwood KAC8401 Amplifier lying around. So I used that for the 4 channel Kicker 43DSC6704 Speakers I installed last year. I took out the spare tire and cut a plywood mounting board to fit in there. I mounted it using the existing Spare tire hold down point and a custom bolt. I wanted everything to be hidden and neat. The only thing you can see is the add-on speaker grill. Which is needed as it wouldnt fit behind the stock grill without issues. I mounted the Kenwood and both Amp fuses to the board and it looks very nice if I do say so myself. Here are some pictures. The system Sounds Amazing!! The Thump is 500% Better than the stock unit!! It took some adjustments to the crossovers. But It was worth the work. I also installed some Interior RGB lights in the footwells and under the seats. It can sync to music if I want as well. Just for kicks! :) Ihope you like the install. I found a lot on inspiration on this page. I hope you like my work!! Here is a link to the Sound test. Its only a phone but you can get an sense of the difference. https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ag-YIq5RxWlwg_Ex...BWzbw?e=LaqwPX Thanks!

Dynamat and Polyfill Inside.

Dynamat Tape on The Enclosure and outside Seams!

New Upgrade installed and Working.

Somewhat hidden from view.

A little dash of something extra.

RGB inside!

But Blue is good. It matches the paint!

Dynamat Tape on Seams.

Dynamat Tape on Seams.

Dynamat Tape on Seams.

Amp & Fuses

Last edited by JRShreds; 06-30-2022 at 12:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Various HHR Sub Installs...