Chevy HHR Network Forums
Search

Welcome to the Chevy HHR Network forums. The Chevy HHR Network is the leading resource for Chevy HHR owners.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Register Forgot Password?
-
Go Back   Chevy HHR Network > Specific Technical Discussion > Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts > How I solved "warped rotor", it's the bushing!
-

Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #1

Member #: 13699
Check out my gallery 
Talking How I solved "warped rotor", it's the bushing!

Turned out to be the rear vertical mounted control arm bushing was bad. Mine was on the right side. They are difficult to inspect, you need to get the car up on a lift and put a bright light on the bushing to see it. Don't let the shop tell you there are no after market parts!!!!!!!

The easiest solution is a new control arm Dorman 521-025 (L) & 521-026 (R) for FE1 and there are a couple of other mfgs, they include new bushings and ball joint RockAuto and EBay around $68 + shipping. R & R is a matter of 4 bolts. You will need a torque wrench for install. 1 hour per side including jacking it up.

You do need to be careful when ordering, the parts listed for "FE1" are for Cobalts that have a powder coated steel control arm V. HHR control arms are cast and don't seem to be listed by package, except I did see 1 mfg advertising "new" FE3 for alot more $.
donbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:01 PM

submit to reddit