Canadian North East Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, and Nova Scotia

poignée chrome pour hayon

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 08:07 AM
Deceased

I got his drift Firebuff, while I speak French fluently, occasionally remembering the proper spelling is an issue. But I can always ask my wife Michelle who is French.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Firebuff
For those trying to learn the french language, all 3 rearview mirrors (windshield and doors) are spelled retrOviseurs, retro meaning back as you all know........Gucci probably made a typo error....
Not trying to learn it, just trying to help clarify the meaning. What I don't understand is why, on a predominantly English speaking site, are people trying to answer in French? That might help the OP depending upon how well Google or whatever translator is used (face it, with a few exceptions, not many people speak French here), but remember he said that he speaks and understands English. If more people understand the posts, more people will give answers. Some (maybe many) won't even attempt it if it's all in French.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:57 AM
Deceased

I just answered in French to repeat my answer from an earlier post from the OP in which he repeated the same question. I figured that translating my answer to his question into French might help him understand the information that I was trying to give in regards to the part number he needs and the source/sources where its available.

I agree that the primary language here is English, but we have to remember that our site crosses borders and oceans so we need to make those for whom English is a second language welcome too.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:02 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Firebuff
Huh ????? What about french fries and french kisses my firefighting brother ???? Bet ya had both of those at the station at sometime haven't you !!!!!
French fries,yes. French kisses at the station? Uhhh. Not gonna touch that one with a 10ft pike pole!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by 843de
I just answered in French to repeat my answer from an earlier post from the OP in which he repeated the same question. I figured that translating my answer to his question into French might help him understand the information that I was trying to give in regards to the part number he needs and the source/sources where its available.

I agree that the primary language here is English, but we have to remember that our site crosses borders and oceans so we need to make those for whom English is a second language welcome too.
That may help him but it might not be of much help to those who won't bother to answer because the posts/questions are in a foreign language. I'll translate and give my answer in English if I have an answer. I've actually seen this become a problem on other sites with people actually complaining about it. I don't think that would happen here because most people here seem to be a little more mature than the other sites to which I refer. If what I said sound like a complaint, it's not. It's really just a concern based on those past experiences and I won't say anything more about it.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:16 AM
Deceased

I understand your concerns, and in the future I'll reply in both English and the member's primary language so that other members know what's going on.

It wasn't a complaint on my part and I'm sorry if it came out sounding that way, didn't mean to offend you, hope you can accept my apology.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:26 AM

No apology needed. I think you misunderstood. I didn't say that you were complaining. I just didn't wan't my concern to be taken as a complaint.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Deceased

Just wanted to make sure we were on the same page, I too have seen language issues cause serious rifts in other forums over the years.

I suppose that when it all comes down to it, we all speak the same language here....HHR-ese, or HHR-ish.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:33 AM

chrome trim

Hello to all,
What I'm looking is the handle chrome trim for the tail gate.
My HHR 2007 have all in aluminum finish.
Info...the rétroviseur is the rear mirror assembly (in or out-side) the one I talk about is the outside mirror.
Sorry for all the polemic I have done, next time I will send my post in english