Featured HHR Submissions Featured HHR submissions, voting, and showcasing.
View Poll Results: Vote Here For 2016 The HHR Of The Year!
hhrss10
3.45%
HHR 2.0
0%
Oldblue
31.03%
CorvetteMongo
1.72%
ShouldahadaV8
34.48%
Drummerboy0088
3.45%
LS2_HHRss
5.17%
FoxHat
1.72%
Zombieman
0%
Mississippisunburst
18.97%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Vote Here for The HHR of The Year!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 08:03 PM
Deceased

*ATTENTION*

Because of the investigation into the reported irregularities in The Contest, and the impact that the uncertainty over the final ruling by ChevyHHR.net and Internet Brands Inc. may have upon undecided members.

We are extending the Voting Period by 48 hours.

An official announcement on any actions to be taken by ChevyHHR.net and Internet Brands, will be made tomorrow.

Thank you.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:24 AM

Being a single mom with kids, I joined this site for tech help. I’ve had to learn to do many repairs myself and this has been a big help. I generally only use sites like this for that singular purpose and sometimes I look at the cars of the month and this time the HHR car of the year caught my attention. I’ve been following the contest. Early this morning I stopped in to see who the winner was and to my surprise, it was extended again. At the time I looked, there was a clear winner. As an outsider looking in, it appears as though you’ve extended the contest because the intended winner hasn’t won yet.

I wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I too thought it was strange that last year’s winner looked as though he’d win this year and still may. Stranger things have happened but seriously, all this drama over a contest with 55 votes? How much impropriety can there be with so few votes?

Maybe a contest overhaul for the future is in order here. I think y’all are shooting yourselves in the foot and missing out on opportunity here.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:16 PM
Deceased

Well Aislynn125, your input is appreciated, but your insinuation that we are manipulating the contest "because the intended winner hasn't won yet" couldn't be farther from the truth.

A member in the Contest has been caught attempting to manipulate the voting in contravention of The Contest Rules. This is the second time since 2015 that such a violation has been attempted, and caught. We could, and we can, eliminate that entry and all the votes cast for it, but that's not what we're going to do.

So the Contest will run to its conclusion, then the HHRs Of The Year will be listed in the order of the votes received, so there will be no "Winner Takes All", and this will be The Final HHR Of The Year Contest.

From this point forward, the HHRs Of The Year will be the winners of each monthly Featured HHR Contest during the calender year, based on the order of the Monthly Winner scoring the most votes, to the Monthly Winner scoring the fewest votes in their Monthly Contest.

In January of 2018, The HHRs of The Year for 2017 will be placed on the HHRs of The Year Sub-Forum in the order outlined above.

We are not, trying to influence the voting in this final HHR Of The Year Contest, instead we are trying to close it out without singling out a member who has been contrite in their acknowledgement of wrongdoing.

On a personal note, I have spent two days trying to come up with a compromise that would not seem punative or harsh to the member in question, yet still uphold the standards we've maintained over our nearly 13 years as The Site for HHR Owners and Enthusiasts such as yourself Aislynn125.

My decision has come with the advice and input from my Staff here, excluding our Moderator Oldblue, who has done the right thing by recusing himself from the investigation. And also the input of several trusted Veteran Members who have been my "Go To" people for years.

We are a family here, first and foremost, and having to be "The Bad Guy", is not something I would lay on anyone's shoulders.

After the end of the Contest, the HHRs Of The Year Sub-Forum will also have the 2014 & 2015 Winners at the suggestion of our membership.

Last edited by 843de; 02-26-2017 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:05 PM

Man I thought this contest was all about fun, if someone is/was trying to cheat their way to the top, they should re visit their priorities in life. I mean is there like a $10,000 cash prize at stake here? Sheez! maybe you should eliminate any prize what so ever so the only incentive is the title, but hey, you still may end up with a knuckle head that just wants to win, just to say he won, hooray...you won, now go back to watching tv.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:22 AM
Platinum Member

I've been trying my best to keep my mouth shut as the events recently unfolded, butttttttt, I just gotta say a little something here, the accusation about massaging the contest to ensure a certain entrant is the winner is way off base.

When I read it, I had to walk away from the computer as my response formulating in my mind was not printable here. I'll just leave it at that, otherwise 843de will give me a well deserved slap on the wrist.

.................................................. .........................................

Nuff of that........ now speaking not as a moderator, but as a member I'd like to say......

The contests were a way to showcase the efforts the members put into their vehicles. And some have done amazing changes, upgrades, and preserved their HHRS in innovative ways. In doing so, they have helped continue the development of their cars (beyond GM's design and function) such that others benefit from their experience and experiments (failed or successful).

To see the work and effort, blood sweat and tears, and time, put into the entrants cars is definitly appreciated by myself and many others. But it isn't always about who has the biggest and flashiest toys - it's the effort and pride, and willingness to help others whether they enter a contest or not.

Trex08 makes a good point - the contest is supposed to be fun.

I salute all the fair-playing past and present contest entrants, for their efforts in promoting their dedication. It not only gave them recognition, but also gave new members a closeup of what was possible for their own HHRs.

May tomorrow be a better day for everyone. Good night folks, thís ol man has rambled on enough.