Site Development, Help and Announcements Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

The Classifieds Sub-Forum.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 11:22 PM
Deceased

Exclamation The Classifieds Sub-Forum.

As your Administrator I find myself perched atop the mountain that is our site, and you know the old saying about poop running uphill, it's true.

Let me give you an idea of what your Moderators and I deal with, roughly 50% of the "Reported Threads" and nasty/aggravated/utterly unhappy PM's deal with issues pertaining to the Classifieds. We're going to start cracking down on things and be "The Bad Guys" for a bit until order is restored.

So as a reminder of the rules, here they are...

"Classifieds | Buy | Sell | Trade | Wanted Ads Private party sales only. Poster must be the one offering the item(s). No third party sales. For Sale items MUST include a price in first post of thread. Off topic post(s) not directly related to the purchase of the item and threads with no price will be removed."

Now we're a family here, and sometimes we argue and test each other's bounds, but please don't assume that this is singling anybody out. It's just a statement of fact.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Read and understood, thanks for the firm but gentle reminder!
Old 10-14-2014, 07:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by oldblue
read and understood, thanks for the firm but gentle reminder!
x2!

Last edited by LawDog88; 10-14-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:11 AM

Understood.... but I think its kinda funny when your the "bad guy" for enforcing the rules. Isnt the world funny these days?
Old 10-15-2014, 12:57 AM
Deceased

It is a funny world, but sometimes the staff here has to play "good cop, bad cop".

Personally I hate having to lower the boom. Monday at work saw me acting like a bear with a sore butt over issues that should have never even happened.

So yesterday, I borrowed a 15 passenger Chevy Express from one of our neighboring companies and took all of my employees to lunch at Olive Garden to make up my liberal distribution of butt chewings.

I needed to let them know, that even when mistakes are made, they're still appreciated for the work they do.

And it's the same way here, I appreciate every single member, and I'd rather give out positive feedback over taking corrective actions. My door is always open, and I answer every PM, even when members are mad at me or the site.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:04 AM
Premium Member

just a quick THANK YOU for the thankless job you and the moderators are doing to make this website so valuable and useful for all the rest of us. We owe you big time!
Old 10-16-2014, 12:46 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by 843de
It is a funny world, but sometimes the staff here has to play "good cop, bad cop".

Personally I hate having to lower the boom. Monday at work saw me acting like a bear with a sore butt over issues that should have never even happened.

So yesterday, I borrowed a 15 passenger Chevy Express from one of our neighboring companies and took all of my employees to lunch at Olive Garden to make up my liberal distribution of butt chewings.

I needed to let them know, that even when mistakes are made, they're still appreciated for the work they do.

And it's the same way here, I appreciate every single member, and I'd rather give out positive feedback over taking corrective actions. My door is always open, and I answer every PM, even when members are mad at me or the site.
Do you need a controller? How great it would be to work someplace where you felt appreciated!