The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

GM is Again the World's Largest Automaker

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 12:01 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Snoopy
(snip)
i would like to see, among other things, gm maintain that position.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:35 PM

But the most Dishonest dealers, will never buy another GM product.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by jay loukakis
But the most Dishonest dealers, will never buy another GM product.
Car dealers are dishonest. It is a fact. They know how to stalk, lure and make a kill just like a big game hunter. The only difference is that the hunter ADMITS he killed something!

It's not just GM, but every one of them from used to new exotic. They all use the same techniques.

With the internet one can educate themself BEFORE going to the dealer. You can get pricing, options, models and pre-arranged financing.

No excuses...
Old 05-04-2013, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Tominator
Car dealers are dishonest. It is a fact. They know how to stalk, lure and make a kill just like a big game hunter. The only difference is that the hunter ADMITS he killed something!

It's not just GM, but every one of them from used to new exotic. They all use the same techniques.

With the internet one can educate themself BEFORE going to the dealer. You can get pricing, options, models and pre-arranged financing.

No excuses...
There are many dealers that are not dishonest but you have to sort them out. Don't be afraid to walk if they hand you a bag of BS. Too many people think I have to buy from the dealer near my house when they can go to the next town find a better dealer and save more money.

I do agree Do Your Homework. Know what you want and what you should pay before you go in or contact them. If they do not have what you want have them do a dealer trade.

Take your financing with you but still hear them out. My local dealer works with a local credit union and they can often get better rates and details than I can. Not all dealers can do this so do have back up money planned.

A dealer can only take advantage of you if they let them.

Use the web as all you need to know is there if you take the time to look around.

Anyone who gets ripped off only has himself to blame. No one held a gun on you to make any deal. If you use a bad dealer they will remain there making bad deals with others.

I had one bait and switch me on a car that was advertised at a good price. We walked and got a better deal on a near identical car at another Chevy dealer. I took it by to show the salesman what he could have done.