Fuel Economy - Hypermiling Dedicated to discussions on fuel economy improvements and related modifications.

Fitch Fuel Catalyst?

Old 04-09-2013, 05:19 PM

know if anybody has purchased a set on here? and if its worth $500 lol
Old 04-09-2013, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by hhryoungin
know if anybody has purchased a set on here? and if its worth $500 lol
It is the only way you are going to build a 2.2 to the point that you will make a lot more power. Also you will have to commit to building the rest of the engine to handle the power increase and make use of the part you use.

This is not some half way deal. If you want to take a small engine that was built for economy you need to make a lot of changes. Even in larger engine a economy V8 like a 301 Pontiac takes a lot of investment vs a 350 Chevy.

I find it admirable for anyone to take up the challenge on these small engines but to do so take time and money often much more than many expect.

If you are serious on building an Ecotec I would recommend these books as it will give you a good outline of what is required.

http://www.summitracing.com/search?k...c%20book&dds=1

Both books are good and I have even seen them from time to time as a free down load on the web.

The truth is you can make anything fast and reliable with the right parts. The is knowing going in when you take the path less traveled it is much more expensive. Exclusivity has its price.

I would also see out sport compact magazines and read up on some of the engines story's from the last few years. GM and others have built these engines and will give you a reliable guide to what works and what not to do. Planning this out and setting goals from the start is important for a great engine and reliable engine. I have seen too many people dump a lot of good parts into an engine only to have it never live up to what they had hoped because the parts do not work together.

I work in the performance aftermarket and I often see a lot of people waste a lot of money with the wrong combo. Also read up on the web at places like the Cobalt sites as these guys are doing a lot of building. Most are willing to share their knowledge.

Also with the many 2.0 Turbo engines now on the market a swap would be an easy fast reliable way to increase performance. As the numbers increase you will be able to buy these engines much cheaper as time goes on.