General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

3 Window Panel

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by wmsburghhr
wow, pretty wild, couldn't tell from the pictures that they were done like that.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:12 PM

HHR will never be as popular as a Camaro BUT the HHR is a car that will always be around and always be customized. It a car that can be recognized on the road. I can't tell most cars apart anymore.

Have changed my mind on welding the seams shut and decided to put in a rear seat. Thanks for your advise.

Like your HHR and the rear tail lights and am interested in a set. They highly resemble '55 Chevy light. Can you send some other pictures of the tail lights from different side angles. richboyd"at"frontier.com

I bought an external sunvisor for mine, running boards, custom grill, and I want a set of full moon caps.

Does any after market company have a headlight kit to install a single (old style) headlight. I don't like the headlights.

Boydie

Originally Posted by American & Proud
If you want to completely Devalue it, go right on ahead.

Just ask the guy with the 3 Door windowed one he did, my guess is he is Regretting doing it since he can't seem to sell it now.

Some mods sound great for your own use, not so much for others or car dealers when it comes to selling it or trade in time. Just keep that in mind.

< Panel owner myself here, LOVE mine, and like the convience of the rear doors on electronic poppers. Mines Black so the 1 door seam is pretty well hidden. The Dark colors hide the shadow line a little better than the light colors.

It's really only the rear seam you'd weld/fill anyways on the Panel, and loose alot of functionality. Cargo gets put in back, slides forward, pop a rear door open to easily reach it.
IMO there are much better ways to customize it and still be able to sell it later on if you decide it's time for another car.

Done alot of stuff to my own, but I can easily unbold most and swap things back to OEM if I ever wanted.

Add a rear seat in your Panel, now you can seat 5 and still have a Cool looking Panel, fold the rear seat down, still a cargo carrying 2 seater.

Performance mods, add a Turbo or Supercharger and surprize many with your sleeper Panel.

All bolt ons that can easily be reverted back.

Otherwise go for it and have fun with your Panel, just wanted you to think a little bit before you begin, the HHR's in general are harder to sell than say a Camaro, just not a mainstream highly sought after car the HHR.

I thought long and hard before buying my Panel, I could have bought one New, but decided a low milage used one was a much better choice for me when used ones were half the cost of a New one. Already knew they were a nitch market car and lost value fast.

Supercharging mine next month, No plans on selling her, I love my little Panel.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:20 PM

Supercharger

Boydie again:

Tell me about your supercharger. How did it work? What was the cost.

I love my panel too. Don't ever intend selling it.

If you want to completely Devalue it, go right on ahead.

Just ask the guy with the 3 Door windowed one he did, my guess is he is Regretting doing it since he can't seem to sell it now.

Some mods sound great for your own use, not so much for others or car dealers when it comes to selling it or trade in time. Just keep that in mind.

< Panel owner myself here, LOVE mine, and like the convience of the rear doors on electronic poppers. Mines Black so the 1 door seam is pretty well hidden. The Dark colors hide the shadow line a little better than the light colors.

It's really only the rear seam you'd weld/fill anyways on the Panel, and loose alot of functionality. Cargo gets put in back, slides forward, pop a rear door open to easily reach it.
IMO there are much better ways to customize it and still be able to sell it later on if you decide it's time for another car.

Done alot of stuff to my own, but I can easily unbold most and swap things back to OEM if I ever wanted.

Add a rear seat in your Panel, now you can seat 5 and still have a Cool looking Panel, fold the rear seat down, still a cargo carrying 2 seater.

Performance mods, add a Turbo or Supercharger and surprize many with your sleeper Panel.

All bolt ons that can easily be reverted back.

Otherwise go for it and have fun with your Panel, just wanted you to think a little bit before you begin, the HHR's in general are harder to sell than say a Camaro, just not a mainstream highly sought after car the HHR.

I thought long and hard before buying my Panel, I could have bought one New, but decided a low milage used one was a much better choice for me when used ones were half the cost of a New one. Already knew they were a nitch market car and lost value fast.

Supercharging mine next month, No plans on selling her, I love my little Panel.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by Boydie
HHR will never be as popular as a Camaro BUT the HHR is a car that will always be around and always be customized. It a car that can be recognized on the road. I can't tell most cars apart anymore.

Have changed my mind on welding the seams shut and decided to put in a rear seat. Thanks for your advise.

Like your HHR and the rear tail lights and am interested in a set. They highly resemble '55 Chevy light. Can you send some other pictures of the tail lights from different side angles. richboyd"at"frontier.com

I bought an external sunvisor for mine, running boards, custom grill, and I want a set of full moon caps.

Does any after market company have a headlight kit to install a single (old style) headlight. I don't like the headlights.

Boydie

Good to hear, I think your much better off just adding the Matching back seat and all the seat belts.

The tail lights ARE 1955 Chevy. I have owned a '55 Chevy 2 Door Hardtop Bel Air for about 35 years now.

Saw the '55 tail light Kit before I ever bought my Panel, but once I saw the Kit, I HAD to get me a Black Panel to put them on.

LOTS of Compliments at every cruise night and car show I go to.

Name:  c54d32f2.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  74.4 KB

Name:  41549f7e.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  87.8 KB

Name:  a0464648.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  42.2 KB

Before and After shot.

Name:  707d525e.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  60.0 KB

Name:  574c397b.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  43.1 KB

I found 2 windshield visors, 1 is a Spare.

Name:  05f67a7f.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  50.6 KB

Name:  d44957dd.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  79.2 KB

Name:  faf40691.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  59.5 KB

Name:  e9ea9fd8.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  50.5 KB

Name:  f0c34535.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  84.2 KB

Name:  26dd53c1.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  58.1 KB

I have a Cowl Hood Scoop to fiberglass on this summer.

Name:  608f6c4f.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  74.1 KB

Name:  d8143cc4.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  43.9 KB

No actual vintage type replacement headlights were ever offered. I was looking into some Custom ones myself awhile back, I think something could be done sorta like this.
Notice the turn signal/running light on top of the headlight bucket.

Name:  1684189b.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  17.3 KB

This is a readily available Reproduction one in fiberglass, could be reworked if your willing to take it on.

Name:  9f91e552.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  14.8 KB
Old 01-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by Boydie
Boydie again:

Tell me about your supercharger. How did it work? What was the cost.

I love my panel too. Don't ever intend selling it.
Look Here> https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-4l-performance-tech-14/injection-nice-but-35607/
Old 01-08-2013, 12:01 AM

Last edited by silverstreet; 01-08-2013 at 12:03 AM. Reason: replied to wrong person
Old 01-08-2013, 12:03 AM

I absolutely love the 55 taillights but there is no way I can justify the 1,500 dollar pricetag, not to mention the labor costs even though I could do the work myself. Just crazy money for such a small and non-power related item. Similar to the 300+ dollar LED taillights. But then again I waste money on things others think is crazy.

I'm grabbing the Teaser High Profile hood scoop, I believe it is the same or similar to yours. How tough was the job?
Old 01-10-2013, 05:32 PM

How do your rear seat passengers pull the door shut?
Old 01-10-2013, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by silverstreet
I absolutely love the 55 taillights but there is no way I can justify the 1,500 dollar pricetag, not to mention the labor costs even though I could do the work myself. Just crazy money for such a small and non-power related item. Similar to the 300+ dollar LED taillights. But then again I waste money on things others think is crazy.

I'm grabbing the Teaser High Profile hood scoop, I believe it is the same or similar to yours. How tough was the job?
I don't know who is selling the LED tails at $300. Talk to Maggie at Race and Street

http://www.raceandstreet.com/Merchan...ry_Code=HHR-LC
Old 01-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by Buck Meyers
How do your rear seat passengers pull the door shut?
There have been several ways Panel owners have delt with that issue once the rear seat is installed. Heres mine.

Pre Leather rear seat and pre black suede headliner installed. My Panel had the Ebony cloth front seats I added the matching cloth rear seat, then I bought a full set of the black leather seats. I find the rear seat much more useful than the storage boxes were. Others like the boxes.

Name:  ad8f4553.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  55.4 KB

Quick Reply: 3 Window Panel