General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

And another one bites the dust

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 05:52 AM

Sorry to hear your HHR got punched in the face.

Very good thing injuries are minor human and HHR alike.

Lots of good advice already given
Old 03-24-2015, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by 843de
Gee solman, so sorry that your ride got crunched by a moron, but sore wrist set aside for the moment...you're OK, and that's the most important thing.

Make sure to get copies of your medical exam reports for yourself and your insurance company, since the other driver was found to be at fault, and received a citation to that effect. He's liable not only for your wrecked vehicle, but your medical expenses and time lost from work.

At this point, his carrier should be contacting you tomorrow at the latest.

Do not agree to anything until you have discussed things with a representative from your insurance company, or an attorney representing you.
So far I've heard nothing from the other insurance company, I've filled mine in. Haven't gotten the police report yet. I have to call tn tonight and see if it's ready. I've got all my dr paperwork and so far only 1 day from work. I also picked up a rental Malibu yesterday. Car is currently at the dealership, but we are waiting to see what the other insurance is going to do. If we haven't heard from them by the time I get the police report, I, or my lawyer, will call them directly.

Sore, but the safety equipment did it's job properly.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by whopper
Nasty stuff - glad it wasn't more serious.

Hope it gets fixed ok, we'd sure hate to lose you and your HHR on the forum here. You are one of the "original" old-timers here.
Still remember the day well I first brought her home.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:49 PM

Sorry about your HHR, but glad your ok.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:41 PM

I have driven through that intersection a million times.

Glad you are ok and I hope everything works out for you.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:41 PM
Administrator

To bad the air bag wasn't designed to slap the idiot driver of the othe car upside the head!!
Get a good lawyer if you haven't already!
Make sure you get to keep the wreck to part it out or sway some parts to your replacement HHR

Ever dream of a panel? There are some posted here!
Old 03-25-2015, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by hhrss10
I have driven through that intersection a million times.

Glad you are ok and I hope everything works out for you.
Yea, I go through it about every day, not sure what this yahoo was thinking.

Originally Posted by Oldblue
To bad the air bag wasn't designed to slap the idiot driver of the othe car upside the head!!
Get a good lawyer if you haven't already!
Make sure you get to keep the wreck to part it out or sway some parts to your replacement HHR

Ever dream of a panel? There are some posted here!
I've got a lawyer, but he's mainly just walking me through everything and keeping an eye out for me, which I appreciate. Since no major injuries sustained he stated not worth it for me to "hire" him. But like I said, he's watching closely....
Old 03-25-2015, 06:05 AM

Got the "preliminary" from my insurance yesterday. Totaled. They are going to run some numbers and get back with me in the next day or so. They have stated I can accept what their payout is going to be and then file with the other drivers insurance for my deductables, loses, etc. My lawyer stated that was not a bad idea as I have a good company. Or I can wait for the police report and file everything through them and get a comparision as to what mine was offering for just payout. I hope to have the police report soon, I've got to call them today and see when I can pick it up. By the time I called them yesterday it was after the person that handles it was gone for the day.

So I've been doing some light online shopping. My goal is no car payments for now. I've found what looks to be a very clean 07 CTS Lux that seems to be promising, under $8K and 93K miles. Private sale, need to get a car fax ran on it. But keeping options open for now.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:11 AM
Administrator

There's a '08 2.2 5 speed panel 108,000 miles I believe $5,500!
Just saying!
Old 03-25-2015, 06:16 AM
Banned

Solman,

So very sorry for your loss. I know it's not a life, but when you've had your vehicle long enough, it's like family! You're okay too, and that, as Mike said, is the biggest part!

Keep your chin up, and definitely wait for the report, then file. Have all the facts!

Originally Posted by Oldblue
There's a '08 2.2 5 speed panel 108,000 miles I believe $5,500!
Just saying!
Talking about Boydie's?

Quick Reply: And another one bites the dust