General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

BIG life changes, little HHR ones

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 12:28 AM

BIG life changes, little HHR ones

Hey gang,

The reason I've been so absent as of late is because the company I work for has sold 61% to China. This isn't new news for anyone who's worked in manufacturing. That's where everything is ending up unfortunately. I decided to cut ties before they could put me out looking for a job.

It's not all bad though, the company i did work for in Montana has taken me in. We're moving west! Montana to be exact, and the family couldn't be more excited. Except for the actual moving part everything is going great. I'll have more updates in the weeks to come.

For our "HHR of the year" winners. I'm terribly sorry that things have taken the entire year to get your prizes to fulfilled.
@oldblue- yours is done, we have your jacket and mom has digitized blue about 1,001 times to get it perfect. We'll be in touch!
@lasater- shoot me a PM and we'll be getting yours finished no problem!
-on a side note; I have yet to receive my prize pack from November's contest last year. No problem though, I didn't enter for prizes. It's just a fun thing to do!

My mother and step father are here with the family and I trying to find a place to live. As soon as she's back home we'll get our prizes mailed out.

Now that that's out of the way, how bout the "little" HHR changes! Before i left OH I scrapped my project HHR. Before doing so, "grandma's HHR got an interior swap. She's now black interior with sunburst accents and we couldn't be happier with the results. Check them out for yourself, black suede headliner, 3 bar grill, and "new to you" black carpet and seats. The only thing we left is the tan seat belts. Mom is going to dye them orange just for fun.

BEFORE]

[AFTER]

[3 BAR GRILLE]

[SUNBURST WATERFALL]

[SUNBURST DOOR PANELS

[BLACK SUEDE HEADLINER, FRONT DOME MOD]

[DASH PAINTED]
-We cheated, didn't want to remove the dash from both cars.

Mom loves it, we wanted to enter for November HHR of the month. Ran out of time, maybe we'll shoot for Christmas. This took over a month to write. This year has been very hectic. I just want to thank our year winners for there patience. We're nearly settled here in Columbus, MT. Funny thing actually a few years ago my sister moved to Columbus, OH. Now mom has kids in Columbus!

Thanks everyone! I'll try and be more active soon. Looking into remote tuning for my pals back at home.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:16 AM
Administrator

Thank you for the update, so sorry for the turmoil you are your family have been going thru!
It's not to late for the November contest! You have till Wednesday!
Old 11-27-2016, 09:23 AM

That grill looks familiar!!!! :O
Old 11-27-2016, 12:34 PM

Great looking Hhr... !
Old 12-01-2016, 06:52 PM

Looks great, I love black.