Chevy HHR Network Forums
Search

Welcome to the Chevy HHR Network forums. The Chevy HHR Network is the leading resource for Chevy HHR owners.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Register Forgot Password?
-
Go Back   Chevy HHR Network > General Discussion > General HHR > Buying an 06 LT 2.4. What should I look for or have checked out?
-

General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 05:54 PM   #1

Member #: 6656
Check out my gallery 
Question Buying an 06 LT 2.4. What should I look for or have checked out?

Looks like I'm buying a 2006 HHR with every option including sunroof, roof rails, running boards, onstar, XM, cloth seats. It has 48k miles. One owner, always garaged. No cosmetic issues other than a couple of tiny scrapes on one of the 17" alloys and the back bowtie has the gold bubbling issue - it looks great otherwise.

Still since I've never had one and this is the first year, should I be concerned about anything or make sure something is fixed or updated? It's from a dealer btw and I saw the Carfax (although I'm aware that Carfax only reports what is reported to them).

Any input appreciated!
dartanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:57 PM   #2

Member #: 20985
Check out my gallery 
i would have everything checked.. :)

2010 Black 2LT
96 Cadillac Deville Northstar V8
tobaccoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:01 PM   #3

Check out my gallery 
Hmmm, certainly not a bad idea. It's at a Cadillac dealer that also owns a Chevy store. Maybe I could talk them into doing a buyer's inspection on it to make the deal.

I still have a drivetrain warranty until 5 years or 60k miles, right?
Old 05-31-2010, 06:20 PM   #4

Member #: 19147
Check out my gallery 
If you have cloth seats, you do NOT have every option. Heated leather seats were available.
2007 Black 2LT w/ factory: ebony heated leather seats, splash guards, running boards, step pad, spoiler, roof rails, sunroof, polished wheels, cargo organizer. Manual transmission. Mods: Red IPCW lights, black center caps, individual high-mount brake LEDs, TTR rear sway bar, TWM short shifter with Type R weighted shift knob, lower billet grille, Fiamm El Grande twin horns, MUTH heated signal mirrors, U-Haul hitch, Thule bicycle rack.
Doctuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:32 PM   #5

Check out my gallery 
Maybe every option I want would be more accurate. Though you have to admit a 2006 with onstar, XM, running boards, roof rails, 17" alloys, and a moonroof is pretty well loaded. No? Not a fan of leather if I can have a choice. Are there heated cloth seats? I haven't even checked to see if this one has them. Actually I do know of another 06 exactly the same with half the miles that does have leather. It's considerably more money though and the wholesale dollar value in half the miles (24 vs 48) is only $700 more (KBB.com). So still checking it out.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:53 PM   #6
jx3

Member #: 196
Check out my gallery 
At 48K I'm sure all the bugs have been found. If you can get the last 6 digits of the VIN, one of the members here can get you a bit more detail on any of the dealer fixes and what has already been done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartanian View Post
Are there heated cloth seats?
Not for the HHR. Seat heaters on leather only.
jx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:43 PM   #7

Member #: 5227
Check out my gallery 
Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartanian View Post
Maybe every option I want would be more accurate. Though you have to admit a 2006 with onstar, XM, running boards, roof rails, 17" alloys, and a moonroof is pretty well loaded. No? Not a fan of leather if I can have a choice. Are there heated cloth seats? I haven't even checked to see if this one has them. Actually I do know of another 06 exactly the same with half the miles that does have leather. It's considerably more money though and the wholesale dollar value in half the miles (24 vs 48) is only $700 more (KBB.com). So still checking it out.
Good for you dude! Jx3 has a good point - most folks get the column/A arm bushing/clunk - Brake rotor warpage - Headliner rattle a lot sooner. An 06 with all those options is a find. Welcome to the SoCal HHR's, look for some G2G's coming soon. We'd love to have you come. Buy the car.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:36 AM   #8

Check out my gallery 
Thanks guys. What's the drivetrain warranty period on an 06? Who do I PM the vin numbers to? How many does he need? Will watch for the M&Gs or as you call them G2Gs.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:38 AM   #9

Member #: 2294
Check out my gallery 
Drivetrain on 06 is only 3/36. Few people here have had major engine/trans problems though and many have lots of miles on their cars. I would listen closely for any rattling that seems to come from the drivers side dash. The steering column has failed on some 06's and that's how you would likely notice it.

2007 Ford Freestyle Limited (Wife's)
2005 Kawasaki Z750 (The toy)
2006 HHR 2LT SOLD
pitbull76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:15 AM   #10

Member #: 371
Check out my gallery 
If you mention the bowtie issue to the dealer, they may fix that for you before you get the HHR.
http://chevyhhr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31803
TomsHHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:15 AM

submit to reddit