Chevy HHR Network Forums
Search

Welcome to the Chevy HHR Network forums. The Chevy HHR Network is the leading resource for Chevy HHR owners.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Register Forgot Password?
-
Go Back   Chevy HHR Network > General Discussion > General HHR > Can I disable the traction control???
-

General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #1

Member #: 57067
Check out my gallery 
Can I disable the traction control???

Can I disable my traction control on my 2006 2.4 HHR? I mean a complete permanent disable... without any issues or problems or T/C light coming on???
venomlegionsHHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
Administrator

Member #: 21740
Check out my gallery 
Since this is related to your other post about a CEL and the TCS light being illuminated, the TCS light will not go off until the engine issue that is causing the CEL is corrected and the codes are cleared.

There are certain conditions and control configurations outlined in your owner's manual starting on page 9 of section 4 that will allow overriding the system. But you cannot permanently disable the system without causing issues.

If your owner's manual has gone missing like they are prone to do, just click the link below....

http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/ow...vrolet-HHR.pdf

I've always wanted to go to Switzerland to see what the army does with those wee red knives. - Billy Connolly
843de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:45 PM

submit to reddit

Tags
traction control light and engine light