General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Can't wait.........

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 07:06 AM

I have a 2006, bought in 2009 with 46,000 miles.

I had hoped all the 'bugs' would be out of it by then. And they were. It has been a great car and has 108,000 miles now.

the little problems, once fixed might be the only things that go wrong for another 50,000 miles?

as far as lemons go, i thought lemons were cars with the same repair, or complaint that is ongoing?

well, good luck with it.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:59 AM

Seems like I got a lemon..........

Yeah......you guys are probably right, I got a lemon. I didn't buy the car because it was an economy car though..........I got it for my wife, she's a gardener and needs a wagon to haul plants, mulch, etc. She also has arthritis in her knees and believe it or not this car had the lowest door entry of all of them, so she had no problem getting in or out. She couldn't use something she had to climb up into.......not exactly a lot of wagons on the market.

Even with all the problems, the wife is loathe to part with it........she likes the car and I am hard pressed to find something to replace it with. SUVs are out, most hybrids are out.......I'm thinking maybe a Ford Focus hatchback?

Mechanically, the cars has been spot on (so far...knock on wood), but I've already replaced the driver's door handle, am on my second ignition.....now if I could just get the power mirrors to work and the driver's side speakers to work, it would be great. My wife says she doesn't care......I'm just bracing for what's next.............
Old 08-11-2014, 11:12 AM
Platinum Member

If the mirrors and the speakers are the only issues at present, I'd consider them to be a pretty minor problem. It's not like you are looking at a blown or oil-burning engine, or a rattling transmission.

Yeah, having a few things break is annoying, but a often few $'s spent repairing them will be a whole lot less than one months new car payment.

You mentioned door handles - yeah they can be a pain when they break - and a few owners have posted info here on repairing them (and I've had to repair the drivers door on ours) - and it's a pretty easy fix thanks to JB Weld.

Best of luck whatever way it leads you.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:34 PM

There is a black SS for sale near me with 154,000 miles. It runs and looks as good as my black SS.

Boydie

Originally Posted by Boydie
Old Farts:

Love my HHRs, both of them. No problems.

Get off the Forum soon

Boydie
Old 08-17-2014, 05:52 AM
geg

Originally Posted by sfox410
...She also has arthritis in her knees and believe it or not this car had the lowest door entry of all of them, so she had no problem getting in or out. She couldn't use something she had to climb up into.......not exactly a lot of wagons on the market.
I am familiar with this problem
My mother has bad knees. In addition, there are some requirements to the car, it is associated with other diseases.
My mother is not a gardener, but has a small plot of land. And she also in need of transportation of plants, fertilizers, and fruits. In Russia, there are many small "farm" (for Russian: "Sad" or "Dacha") to provide vegetables for one family.
I sought the car for my mother for almost a year. The result was purchased Mazda Demio 1.3 l 2001 This right-hand drive car was brought of the Japanese market. Very practical and unpretentious. Nimble, despite the small engine.
But most importantly - cost only 5700 dollars. For Russia, it is not expensive (huge protective duties on foreign cars).
Not sure. that there is such a car on the American market. Does not fit into the American way of life. But this car not bad. I would say - a small Japanese HHR. Even the exterier of retro, only a retro in Japanese.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ron S
I have only had one lemon, a 73 Pontiac Grand Am. I didn't blame GM, I asked atound no one had the problems I had so ,I figured out I had a Lemon. I did have another Pontiac later and it was a good car. In fact I would not mind having a Soltice.
I would LOVE a Solstice GXP. Black on Black with a Manual... ZOOOOOM
Old 08-17-2014, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by LawDog88
I would LOVE a Solstice GXP. Black on Black with a Manual... ZOOOOOM
Yea I pefer the GXP. They actually get better gas milage than the regular engine. I want either red or yellow.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:32 AM

I loved the Solstice as soon as I saw it. Unfortunately, a 2-seater can only be a second car for us.

I was hoping that once production stopped on the Solstice/Sky and Pontiac/Saturn went away, the resale values would drop and I could get a used one cheap. This hasn't happened and resale values have stayed high, especially for the GXP/ redline models.

These cars were relatively inexpensive, very stylish, sporty, reasonably fast 2-seater convertibles that GM should have transferred to another make (Buick?) rather than just stop making them.

BTW, I recently saw a very rare Solstice coupe (hard roof) and it was stunning looking.

Steve
Old 08-17-2014, 08:20 PM

Just got rid of my lemon, had a 2012 focus-loved the gas milage, but ford's tranny is a piece of crap. I had the recall done on it, worked great for a while, then a month and a half ago it starts stuttering after starting, downshifting while in cruise. So my dealer repaired it under warranty. Looking at my copy of the work order I see a seal was leaking and had gotten the clutches wet. Their fix was to replace the seal and they had used 8 cans of brake clean to clean the clutches. Worked good for about a week, then same thing all over again. This time the dealer told me they couldn't look at the car for almost 3 weeks. So after looking I found my '11 hhr and love it! I wanted one 2 yrs ago when I got the focus but it had just been sold.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:55 PM

In 1954 bought a new VW the throw out bearing went out shortly after in new mexico the oil cooler had a hole in it I had to fix in a dirt floor garage the mech. watched me fix it as he had never seen one, in 1956 bought a Porsche speedster 4 months later the camshaft broke the dealer would not do anything so I bought an Isky cam and modiefied the engine was too much to drive on the street so the guy that bought starting raceing and did very well. but loved the car.

Quick Reply: Can't wait.........