General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Cargo Net

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 09:47 PM

wow, never used it that way either....

take the middle hook on each side and hook it to the bottom loops right inside the hatch, now both of the other hooks on each side hook on the top loop right inside the hatch.

So if you were looking in from the side of your car (if you could see through the metal) the net would make a V shape. You put your groceries and stuff inside it and it holds them like a basket so they don't roll it around.

I have heard it called a milk and bread saver setup. This way nothing rolls around that is in there.

That's how i have always used mine, and it is usually setup like that. Could be groceries, california car duster, water bottles, cleats, whatever, it doesn't go anywhere.

found some photos, not an hhr, but this is how i use it.

tiny photo of an hhr in this postion

same idea, from our own site...

Old 06-05-2009, 09:56 PM

Does anybody have a pic of the net installed from the factory? Like in an HHR brochure or?

I got groceries tonight & put them into the back storage area above the spare tire. Then netted them in with the clips.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by HHR_style
Does anybody have a pic of the net installed from the factory? Like in an HHR brochure or?

I got groceries tonight & put them into the back storage area above the spare tire. Then netted them in with the clips.
i never put them in that area with the clips because i find it to be a PITA to open and close it all the time. Plus i have lots stored in there. Tool kit, blanket, first aid kit, california car duster in the winter, 2 head rests, couple tyvek floor mats if we play disc golf and get muddy. etc.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:20 PM

I see said the blind man. It's like a mini-hammock. I'm gonna go fix mine right now!
Old 06-05-2009, 10:51 PM

I see said the blind man. It's like a mini-hammock. I'm gonna go fix mine right now!
Here's mine now:
Old 06-05-2009, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by twistrman
... if we play disc golf and get muddy. etc.
You throw disc? Cool, me too. Where do you throw (what course)?
Old 06-05-2009, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by twistrman
... play disc golf...
Here's one for you twistr:
Old 06-06-2009, 09:30 AM

nice. I throw on 2 local courses here in Lafayette, Murdock and Faith Baptist, and then there is a 3rd course we haven't played yet. Murdock is about a 1/2 mile away, which is nice, Actually played there last night. We're not that good, we're just casual players. Especially since I just got some new discs, so trying to figure out how to throw them right. Plus a new bag so i don't have to fill my cargo net up with them, ha.

Other then the two here i have played Oshtemo in Kalamazoo MI, which is where they had the 2008 world cup, or series, whatever they called it, for Disc Golf. Good course, nice and challenging.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:09 PM

Here's mine now:
This is how I have always used mine and it workes great for groceries. But if there are too many bags then they dont fit well. I will probably start using the L shaped way w/ groceries. Who would have thought there were more ways to use the net.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:50 PM

Were the cargo nets standard equipment on the 2008 HHR SS? I just bought this vehicle and it has no cargo net.
Where would be the best place to purchase one? And are the aftermarket ones as good as the genuine GM nets?

Quick Reply: Cargo Net