General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Carrying surfboards

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 03:12 AM

Thanks Sindy and Jay for finding SoCal's ride
Old 07-21-2007, 07:43 AM

How often do you carry the surf board? The antenna is easily removable for that purpose. But, you also need to remove it when you go through most car washes so, if you use them often, the stubby one would definitely be a better option.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:49 PM

Thumbs up Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by jx3

Here ya go Jeremy......
VERY NICE! Thanks for finding that pic!

That is 1 of my favorite HHR pics of all time!
Old 05-22-2010, 02:12 PM

Does anyone know where the gorgeous board mount came from - or can you get them anywhere?

I never wanted to go with a board because I had no rails. And it would only be for fun anyway, but still...info?

This is an incredibly gorgeous, clean LOOK.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by mitzkity
Does anyone know where the gorgeous board mount came from - or can you get them anywhere?

I never wanted to go with a board because I had no rails. And it would only be for fun anyway, but still...info?

This is an incredibly gorgeous, clean LOOK.
For fun? I don't blame you one bit. The HHR looks so natural sporting a board. Best vehicle under a surf board since the '49 Ford Woodys.
If you find that mount, I say go for it, especially with how your HHR is outfitted.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:52 PM

I carry my longboards inside, fold down the front and rear seats and you can put a 9'0" in easy, and i have also had mine 9' 6" in the HHR too. As for the racks that are in the picture. those are called "SOFT RACKS" and you can get those at any surfboard shop.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by tracy waddell
I carry my longboards inside, fold down the front and rear seats and you can put a 9'0" in easy, and i have also had mine 9' 6" in the HHR too. As for the racks that are in the picture. those are called "SOFT RACKS" and you can get those at any surfboard shop.
Was hoping you would show up Trac' and give your advice. I know you actually surf!

@
Old 05-23-2010, 10:44 AM

if your in ca. ya have to have a surferdude permit... it' a yellow sticker that goes on the left side of rear window. if you live in santa cruz and surf steamers or the hook its free.. if you have a job the city charges ya $100.00 (they give the money to the trols that live under the bridge on water street, they can.t work cuz they have to sleep allday
Old 05-24-2010, 05:22 PM

I don't put nothin on top of my car. All my boards fit inside which is one of the reasons I have this surf wagon. Mine are all windsurfers and the longest board is 8.5ft. Lots of room for everything. I can stand 2 boards on end through the middle and wifey can sit in the passenger seat. I live around the Columbia Gorge and seen way toooooo much rooftop gear go flying off car tops. I'll never put boards on top of my wagon again.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:55 PM

Surfboards and XM antenna! :-(

Hi people,

Thought I'd put this in an existing thread. My 2LT has the factory roof-rails, and today, I got lucky and found the chrome-end factory crossbars at a local dealer and snagged 'em for the same price as is going around eBay lately.

Anyway, I need to be able to carry my 9'2" longboard! I've got a stubby antenna on the way for the big sticker-upper on the front, but that darn little XM/ConStar thing in the back... you guessed it, my board hits it, as in, lays on it and bends it over.

So far, I'm stumped. One of the main reasons I purchased an HHR was as a stylin' surfboard haulin' beach cruiser, and now... a little bummed.

Has anyone done this, solved it, or have any suggestions? Thanks!

I'll keep researching, if I figure anything out I'll post it here.

Quick Reply: Carrying surfboards