General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Caution on Buying AC Delco Cabin Filters.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 07:25 PM
Platinum Member

Silverfox.....

Understand I'm not indicating you have a counterfeit......just that it may be. But, I did a little research and the difference in the numbering system is authentic.

I might have this reversed, but as I recall the CF125 is the original equipment the CF1125F is the Professional replacement. As I understand it, the Professional is the unit sold to repair shops unless OEM is specified.

Also, I looked into several different sources for the parts.....dealers, independents like Rock Auto. Most list the 2 part numbers as the same as stated (or reversed). Rock Auto was the least expensive at about $8.00. for the Professional. I think the OEM was around $11.50.

With a few small exceptions, My choice has been the OEM "model".

Good luck, the vendor may well supply a new filter or return your money....if he is honest.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:14 PM

As I understand it the AC Delco part # is CF 125

The OEM GM part is #52493319

So it might depend on where you go to get your Chevrolet service work done as to what part they install.

A local auto repair a #CF1125F AC pro? Made in China....

A local Chevrolet dealer a .. GM # 53493319 or AC Delco C125F from their parts dept.

Assuming that is correct then a Chevy Dealer that charges more for parts also delivers more in quality to the customer.

No question .. the Chevrolet dealers charge more for labor as well but they also deliver a full 12 month warranty on parts and labor for any work they perform and it's good at any GM dealer for the full year. Many smaller shops either do not have a good warranty nor can they offer repairs anywhere but their local location.

To each his/her own on that one.

The filter I ordered as a replacement is a GM part# 52493319.
It will be interesting to see what I get.
I ordered it from a different vender on E Bay.
Fingers crossed.....

SF
Old 03-04-2016, 11:51 AM

All new below-market stuff on Ebay is a suspected counterfeit in my estimation.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:49 PM
Technical Moderator

At NAPA anyway "Professional" means cheap crap that they wouldn't sell to a consumer that expects them to stand behind, let the professional stand behind it instead. The shop makes so much profit on the part that they can afford to just replace it a few times.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:09 PM

Well.. I just received the re-ordered cabin filter from a different E Bay seller and it is the correct one in AC packaging.
Both the AC and the GM part numbers are on the packaging.

CF 125

Not only that but the filter has exactly the same info on the part as the Original that I removed. In fact it has DELPHI written on the part. Maybe it is old inventory?

I then removed the AC CF1125F that I had installed and it was very difficult to remove. Probably for the same reason it was hard to install. I final had to grab each corner with 2 pairs of needle nose pliers to get it out.
I was correct ... it was buckled on both sides which shortened it in place so it would not have captured all the airflow.
I then compared the quality of the 2 side by side and there is no question about the quality differences. I would call the first one just plain JUNK !!

I then took the new filter out and installed it without any issues at all. It went in far easier and fit perfect.
Make sure you install with the arrow pointing down for correct air flow.
Lesson learned on this one.
Unfortunately I am now battling with the E Bay seller. I even sent 5 pictures showing the issue.
His response was "We do not take back or refund AC Delco products".
Unfortunately for him he is going to have to resolve this as I have now filed a Resolution Claim with E Bay.

Anybody want to place a bet on who is going to win this dis-agreement ??

It does make me wonder if he is selling counter fit products.
Pretty stupid to start a problem if he is.
AC DELCO is only a phone call away.

SF
Old 03-05-2016, 02:20 AM

EBay has many vendors that say they sell OEM parts, etc. I bought a set of mats for my HHR SS from one of these vendors and the colour was far from matching. Ebony was somewhat lighter than OEM. These frauds need to be investigated by EBay and GM. There is no way they should be able to represent original OEM parts unless backed by GM. and if they are backed by GM, GM should be ashamed of it.
Old 03-05-2016, 09:42 AM
Administrator

I had the same problem from eBay seller , claimed it was the original cabin air filter in original GM box, I received an envelope with a bagged filter marked CF 125, the original was a charcoal filter the cheap junk was 1/4 inch to wide, the vendor refused to take the return, I filled complaint through eBay and PayPal, got my cc credited after I complained to the cc company .
I now run a K&N washable filter as I stated earlier, a bit more but I can wash it any time I feel the need! It fits perfectly and will last the life of the HHR
Old 03-05-2016, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Cokeybill
EBay has many vendors that say they sell OEM parts, etc. I bought a set of mats for my HHR SS from one of these vendors and the colour was far from matching. Ebony was somewhat lighter than OEM. These frauds need to be investigated by EBay and GM. There is no way they should be able to represent original OEM parts unless backed by GM. and if they are backed by GM, GM should be ashamed of it.
The answer is you have got to have 2 things to identify.
The manufacturer Name and the Correct part number.

In my case I had both, but if it is counter fit they still gottcha...Especially if you bought on Craigs List or the like. Nobody to back you up.

Basically they have sneaked in the back door a little at a time after figuring out the best way to snooker the buyers and at the same time not get caught.
They have mentally pre settled on a defense when somebody complains but they picked the wrong guy on this one.
I never would have bought the first one had it not had all legitimate AC numbers and packaging. Smoke and Mirrors marketing.

This seller is gonna learn the hard way when he tries to falsely Screw Me.
They count on people that will not fight back for what's fair/right.

I have the evidence and so will E bay when they look at how this went down.
I am also considering contacting AC Delco and give them info on my experience.

SF
Old 03-11-2016, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Silverfox
The answer is you have got to have 2 things to identify.
The manufacturer Name and the Correct part number.

In my case I had both, but if it is counter fit they still gottcha...Especially if you bought on Craigs List or the like. Nobody to back you up.

Basically they have sneaked in the back door a little at a time after figuring out the best way to snooker the buyers and at the same time not get caught.
They have mentally pre settled on a defense when somebody complains but they picked the wrong guy on this one.
I never would have bought the first one had it not had all legitimate AC numbers and packaging. Smoke and Mirrors marketing.

This seller is gonna learn the hard way when he tries to falsely Screw Me.
They count on people that will not fight back for what's fair/right.

I have the evidence and so will E bay when they look at how this went down.
I am also considering contacting AC Delco and give them info on my experience.

SF

*** UPDATE *** on my battle with the AC Cabin Filter E Bay Seller.....

I filed a Resolution Claim and E Bay just settled it in "MY FAVOR"

They asked me to go ahead and return the filter and they will issue a Full Refund including All shipping charges.

I cannot understand why an E Bay business on line would Jeopardize there Feed Back Record on E Bay over such a stupid issue.
It is hard to believe that they are not getting other complaints on this very Low Quality product.
I guess most buyers do not want to take the time to take action for such a small amount of money and so they just keep selling them to new Suckers.

These kinds of resolution settlements go against your E Bay Record as well.

SF
Old 03-11-2016, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Good news all settled!!

Quick Reply: Caution on Buying AC Delco Cabin Filters.....