General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Classic hubcap fit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 08:18 AM

The lug pattern is 5X110
Old 09-07-2006, 08:22 AM

As greyghost said, it is possible. If nothing else you cn get the full set of steel wheels and baby moons from Wheel Vintiques (http://www.wheelvintiques.com). They don't have the style like shown at the top, but they do offer the one with red block letters that I posted part way down the page.

These caps for their wheels are $40 each. They sell chrome beauty rings for $18.75 each.

They sell the smoothie wheels to put these on for around $80 each. They also come in chrome for just a bit more.

You'd have to call them to ask about application, but it looks like the biggest size they have for FWD is 16x6.5. I have spoken with one guy who has these on his HHR so I know they have them to fit. They just don't have the size listed on their website.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:32 AM

When I first started building our HHR in Photoshop to see how the mods I wanted would look, Wheel Vintiques were the first thought.

Here is the Photoshop.

My wife is the one who wanted the Moon Eyes and I ended up letting her have her way. I am glad I did! I love the way they came out.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Songman
But.. since you want something different. I have the originals like you show above on my 48 Fleetline sedan.

how bout a pic of the fleetline
Old 09-07-2006, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by oneton
you might ck this site they have hub cap clips to hold that cap on. Thay have all things to restore chevy / gmc trucks. I think you can make them work on a HHR wheel. go to view / order parts , then scrol down to hub caps they have pic for most parts. Also ck out Emblems and Trim , hood Ornaments OOH pick years 1947- 1953
http://www.americanclassic.com/index.htm

Nice find oneton and Songman. Another couple great bookmarks courtesy of ChevyHHR.net
Old 09-07-2006, 09:23 AM

mudbilly, I don't know if I have a picture of it on my computer or not, and it is at my place in GA so I can't just run out and take one. I'll see what I can find.

It is a bone stock 4-door Fleetline sedan. Pale green with brown mohair interior. 66k original miles. It needs paint but other than that it is perfect. I inherited it from my great aunt and she and my uncle dinged the paint all down the side where it was parked in their garage.

I looked for a sample photo online but most that I found were 2-door aeros. This is the only one I found like mine. Mine is not a lowrider, doesn't have the visor and extra lights and I have stock fender skirts instead of these aftermarket ones. But this is a car that can look good either way in my opinion.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:25 PM

Hey Songman, where did you purchase the screw on type hubcaps ? did you have to purchase wheels too ? Or is the photo with the current stock 16 inch wheels ? yours looks very very good !
Old 09-07-2006, 01:35 PM

Hey I called wheelvintuques They told me they don't deal with the HHR right now, and did not seem to want to help me. They told me they don't do anything with the HHR right now.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:36 PM

Mine came direct from Moon Eyes in L.A. They fit the factory 16" steel wheel. The big thing with these covers is that you have to break down each tire and drill and tap the wheel. Also, the holes in the caps are not consistent. The caps only fit one way on the wheel, and they also only fit the wheel they are drilled for. If you ever screw one up, the replacement from Moon Eyes will not fit your drilled holes. I'm always telling Marie to watch out for curbs and stuff!

On another note, where are you in CA? Does your name mean you are CHP? Will we be seeing you this weekend on the run? In your HHR! Not in the CHP car! haha
Old 09-07-2006, 01:50 PM

Thanks Songman, won't be on the HHR run, Have to work this weekend. And on another note, AFFIRM on the CHP .

Quick Reply: Classic hubcap fit?