General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

comfy seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 04:50 PM

comfy seats

Friends, I need your help. I've had my '11 for 4 years now and it's the best car I've ever driven...with one large drawback. These seats are not what you'd call cushy. My wife is disabled with severe back pain and long rides are just terrible for her. Looking for seats yields nothing. Now there's discussion for replacing with a small SUV. HELP! If I can get something plush out of a caddy or similar would save my beloved wagon...and keep an extra 20G of debt off my back.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:27 PM
Technical Moderator

You say a search turned up nothing?
I turned this up.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/gene...m-56780/page2/
Old 05-01-2016, 05:29 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site!
You can adapt any seats you want into your ride! Just be sensible and save about it!
One member just installed Corvette seats in his HHR

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/gene...ve-them-56780/
Old 05-01-2016, 05:30 PM
Administrator

We were typing and copy and pasting about the same time Don!!!
Old 05-01-2016, 07:02 PM

Here's a Thought...

How about buying some different types of seat cushions.
There are many to choose from.
Go look around and buy one from a store that will let you return it if it isn't what you need.
I would start with WalMart just because I bought one there and it has worked fine for me. No hassle to make a return. It may also give you a better idea what feels best once you have tested a few.

You can still go to the seat Option if you need to.
It is a pretty big undertaking buying and changing seats, never mind what if you do not like it once installed.

The passenger seat in the HHR is fairly low so a little lift should work just fine.

Just my 2 cents worth.

SF

Last edited by Silverfox; 05-01-2016 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:47 PM
Administrator

Great point, SF , what if those Vette seats aren't comfy after all?
Old 05-01-2016, 10:17 PM

My wife has had back issues for many years due to a car accident. She too cannot ride in the HHR for more than 20-30 minutes. When we got married I had 1998 Corvette convertible and she was fine in those seats. Our son has a a Nissan Altima with the zero gravity inspired seats (from 2013 on) and she is fine in those as well. You might want to see if they would work (my guess is they are too wide0

This can be an issue because I cannot buy a car just because I like it, she needs to be comfortable in what ever I drive and we have road tested many that that simply do not work for her.

I am looking to trade in the HHR because I am not a big fan of it and the maddening process will begin. I find something i like and we have to road test it to see if she can ride in it. If not I start all over. I wish we could afford another Vette since i know it will work
Old 05-02-2016, 07:09 PM

Have you had a look at RECARO seats? I have a set that has been in my 75 Opel Sportwagon for years, most comfy seats I have ever sat in. There are several models that are HIGHLY adjustable. If you do some looking on Ebay, Craiglist, etc, you might even find a set of the RECARO Orthopedic seats, these were designed for people/drivers with back problems.
Attached Images  
Old 05-02-2016, 07:30 PM
Administrator

I'd also look at, Tea Seats. Available thru Yogi's

TEA's Custom Design Seats

Or

Wise Guys

http://www.wiseguys-seats.com/2016/w...12-Catalog.pdf

They both make great product, I've had both in hot rods I've built over the years, very comfortable!

I had a very painful collision back on June 7,1971, messed up my back and it hurt to drive, well 45 years later and I'm fine in the HHR!
Old 05-03-2016, 10:06 PM

Thanks so very much! I got in touch with RECARO as I couldn't find any on craigslist or ebay. Price are steep but look to be worth it. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: comfy seats