General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

comfy seats

Old 05-05-2016, 07:56 AM

I can't afford Recaros. Just wandering, if anyone has put something like these Summit seats in their HHR? They've got to be better than the factory seats?

Summit Racing® Sport Seats SUM-G1130L - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing
Old 05-05-2016, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Will a 22 inch wide seat fit? At least , if they aren't comfy, they would sell pretty quick on CL
Old 05-05-2016, 09:20 PM

Shastacar,

I understand the back issues all too well.

I'm the Member that installed the Corvette C6 seats in my HHR Panel. I need to finish that post. The is very best improvement I've made to my HHR !!

I attached three photos, the C6 seats installed, the seat back lever and a comparison photo with the HHR and C6 "side by side in my HHR. Please ignore the Dust..

If Corvette C5 seats are more than acceptable for your Wife, then you both will love the C6 seats. They have better leather, The electric seat Worm drive shaft plastic spacers (that Break) has been resolved and The "Feel" is just a little Better, IMHO.

I have a '98 C5 convert and also a '04 LE Mans ZO6 FRC, both have great seats, but I'll need to complete the worm gear plastic washer repair on both Cars. Both the C5 and C6 are great comfortable seats, and precision adjustment. Plus they're easier to enter and exit the HHR and have great bolsters. If you do some research you might find a set of the "Sport Seats" with both having the typical electric adjustments AND the Side Bolster and Lumber adjustments. I have these seats in my C5 Convert and they are fantastic, esp with my lower back on longer drives..

This worm drive plastic repair is not expensive, and if you have the Skills to make to conversion to install to C5 Seats, this repair isn't that difficult. You can Google to find the Installation Video on utube. This video presents an excellent tutorial to how to install their repair kit and how to remove and install the Corvette seats.

Plus both the C5 & C5 seats have the "Seat Back Handle" located on the back on the seat very near the top. This allows one to reach over and tilt the seat back forward and easily reach into the back seat.

The "corvetteforum" has a Vendor that specializes in C5 up Corvette parts and offers quality used parts from Totaled Corvette that they disassemble.

Consider visiting a few Corvette's for sale at a G.M. lot and test out the seats. Careful, you might end up with another car...

If you need and assistance, let me know I'm happy to assist

Good Luck,

Michael...

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/gene...m-56780/page2/
Attached Images    
Old 05-05-2016, 10:51 PM
Administrator

Now there you go tried tested fitted and easy peasey!!