General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Decal Remove/ Not remove??? Poll!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 09:34 AM

Decal Remove/ Not remove??? Poll!!

Lets take a poll, read that a HHR was traded in w/ Club Decal left on back window. Should it be removed prior to trade or left on for new/next owner?
Old 07-02-2006, 09:37 AM

If it was traded in, then the dealership will probably just remove it anyway.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:42 AM

Well let's see........I always remove my IAFF union decals from my vehicles when I trade or sell them. They symbolize something I strongly believe in, and something I paid for in human terms. I feel strongly about this group too. So why leave the decal on? Not all dealers remove decals. You want one, you get one the same way we all did. Pay the price, be part of the group. :twothumbs
Old 07-02-2006, 09:52 AM

Thats what my thoughts were too when I saw the post. Saw (on a court show) once where a Church left it`s name on a van they gave to a auction. Needless to say they weren`t happy with the new owners day to day activities, w/ their name attached !!!
Old 07-02-2006, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
Well let's see........I always remove my IAFF union decals from my vehicles when I trade or sell them. They symbolize something I strongly believe in, and something I paid for in human terms. I feel strongly about this group too. So why leave the decal on? Not all dealers remove decals. You want one, you get one the same way we all did. Pay the price, be part of the group. :twothumbs
The decals are a reflextion of the driver, I remove my decals too when I sell.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:02 AM

For me, I guess it might depend on what the decal was. If it was a parking sticker for a private golf club I might take it off. It was advertisement for a forum I might leave it on so the new owner could learn about the forum.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:24 AM

The car you are referring to belonged to WA HHR, who traded his Daytona Blue HHR in for a Victory Red HHR.

I talked to my boyfriend Henry about this issue, as he has detailed cars since the early 70's for new and used car dealers. He said that the places he worked would generally have removed any aftermarket decals on the car, however, that decision was generally made by the sales manager before the car hit the detail shop.

One used car lot he worked for wanted all decals removed, regardless of what they were and the new car dealers provided a list of what they wanted removed.

He said their reasoning for removing decals and other aftermarket additions, was to make the car look as clean as possible. However, he did say that those decisons were made car by car. If the car had a crummy or obtrusive tape pinstripe job on it, they would remove it and have something else put on it.

As for the chevyhhr.net decal, he said that could go either way...depending on how knowledgeable the sales staff was in fielding questions about what it means. Bottom line is...if they leave it on...the customer can ask to have it removed if they don't want it on the car.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:03 AM

I say leave it on to advertise the forum. Yes the owner who first put it on paid for it, but in the case of this forum's sticker, I'd let it stay just to get the word out.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by Harpozep
I say leave it on to advertise the forum. Yes the owner who first put it on paid for it, but in the case of this forum's sticker, I'd let it stay just to get the word out.
I agree.. they can take it off if they don't want it
Old 07-03-2006, 07:50 AM
jx3

My thoughts are ...........
If you can't take it with you, why bother. Unless it gives you certain privleges, such as a parking permit.

Quick Reply: Decal Remove/ Not remove??? Poll!!