Chevy HHR Network Forums
Search

Welcome to the Chevy HHR Network forums. The Chevy HHR Network is the leading resource for Chevy HHR owners.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Register Forgot Password?
-
Go Back   Chevy HHR Network > General Discussion > General HHR > Diff between a 2.2L vs 2.4L Ecotec
-

General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 07:04 AM   #1

Member #: 14347
Check out my gallery 
Question Diff between a 2.2L vs 2.4L Ecotec

I know this may sound like a dumb question and on either part of the forum, I could not find a difinitive answer.

Aside from the obvious difference in cubic inches. What made the 2.4 so different from the 2.2 as I am looking to put a K&N air intake on a 2007 Automatic 2.2L LT HHR and they only list it for the 2.4L Does not look like any difference in fitment but I gotta do more research and this has led me here so any thoughts are appreciated.

http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/sh...ec-information

http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/sh...Specifications

looks like the 2.4L was a Veriable Valve Timing Motor but thats not going to make a big diff either. (In terms of fitment physically on the outside.)

Any thoughts on this??

2007 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L Majestic Amethyst Metallic
BlackScreaminMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:02 AM   #2

Member #: 19723
Check out my gallery 
I think externally, as far as fitting the K&N goes, they would be the same...... but I don't have facts supporting this. (Yeah! I know..... no help.) They both use the same factory box, no?

____ ***** October 2010 featured HHR ***** ____

>> 2.4L, GMPP, Trifecta, Ground Force/Progress suspension <<
Greybeard999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:38 AM   #3

Check out my gallery 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard999 View Post
I think externally, as far as fitting the K&N goes, they would be the same...... but I don't have facts supporting this. (Yeah! I know..... no help.) They both use the same factory box, no?
That is what it looks like to me. I know on some of the 2010 Camaros when installing a CAI the tune can definitly be effected as we as driveability. I am used to ODBI and ODBII pcms w/o VVT so I think it will have no issues. I may end up messaging K&N but considering the weekend and I did see an issue with Manual HHR's having fitment issues.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:43 AM   #4

Member #: 19723
Check out my gallery 
I think a tune after any mod is inevitable to take full advantage of the mod. Is your LT an auto or manual?

____ ***** October 2010 featured HHR ***** ____

>> 2.4L, GMPP, Trifecta, Ground Force/Progress suspension <<
Greybeard999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:15 AM   #5

Check out my gallery 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard999 View Post
I think a tune after any mod is inevitable to take full advantage of the mod. Is your LT an auto or manual?
It's an auto, my wife's DD but its going out of warrentee soon and its like every other car I mod.

It wont get a turbo for numerous reasons, and if I am going to spend that coin, I am building a 440 cid LS2/3 based LSX motor with ETP heads and 240/250 roller cam.

Physically I do not see it an issue but I will send a message today and post for those who are also interested.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:15 AM

submit to reddit