General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Don't you just love Salesmen?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 10:39 AM

I hate when I go to the dealership and the dealers tell me about the cars there. Now, I can see why though, I am only 13, and in a dealers eyes, I am stupid and dont have a clue about the car in front of me. But that is so far from the truth. I have actually made a few friends at the dealerships who always load me up with the latest brochures when I visit. I hate when a random dealer walks up and starts telling me stuff I already know. So, to shut them up, I tell them what engine the other trim levels offer, or options, or release dates on future models. It is quite funny to watch their faces. I guess they dont expect a 13 year old to know that stuff!
Old 10-29-2005, 11:49 AM

Gosh I just can't believe people would actually pay more than sticker for a car!

I live in New Hampshire, sure it is a small state with few dealers, but one thing is for sure when ever I have been told that I could buy a car for whatever over sticker, I for one tell everyone I know how poor that dealership is!

A few years back I went into a Chevy Dealer wearing dirty jeans and a very dirty sweatshirt. Told them I was interested in a Tahoe LT! Well, they gave me a book, but told me they only had a few on the lot and most likely it would be above my pirce range.

Said thank you and drove to another dealership and told them that I was interested in a Tahoe LT. The sales manager himself came out and immediately took me out to the lot and showed me all of the Tahoes. He went one step further and asked me if I wanted to test drive one? I told him not right now and that I would come back once I had cleaned up.

His only response was, "Wow thank God you didn't want to drive it with those dirty jeans on".

Guess which dealer I bought from. Further more when I went looking for an HHR I found out that Mark had moved to another dealership, so I called him and went in and made the deal for the HHR in one day. By the way he moved to the dealership that thought I couldn't afford to pay for the Tahoe!

I don't know anyone on this forum, but reading what Craig Kandiko is saying I am sure I would want to meet him and discuss buying cars. For newby buyers always remember to treat people the way you want to be treated! Sounds that is how Craig treats people.

Oh and I am in sales too, been selling capital nanufacturing equipment to the electronics and military contractors for over 30 years. I believe one key thing that all salesmen like to be thought of is "I never lied to a single person to get an order".

Wayne
Old 10-30-2005, 04:06 PM

thanks buddy!