General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Driver's side arm rest?

Old 04-12-2011, 11:36 PM

Driver's side arm rest?

Does the driver's side arm rest go down lower than the passenger side arm rest? The passenger side arm rest goes down to a nice flat level. My driver's side arm rest goes down to like a 60 degree angle. When I got the HHR I was thinking something inside the armrest was broken and I was going to take it in. But my dad, who works for a Chevy dealer, said he drove an HHR the other day and it had the same thing. If the driver's side armrest does go down lower, any way to keep it at a 90 degree angle?
Old 04-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Platinum Member

Why yes, there is an easy fix:

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...hlight=armrest
Old 04-14-2011, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by jrsharp21
Does the driver's side arm rest go down lower than the passenger side arm rest? The passenger side arm rest goes down to a nice flat level. My driver's side arm rest goes down to like a 60 degree angle. When I got the HHR I was thinking something inside the armrest was broken and I was going to take it in. But my dad, who works for a Chevy dealer, said he drove an HHR the other day and it had the same thing. If the driver's side armrest does go down lower, any way to keep it at a 90 degree angle?
This might sound a bit silly, but you've got nothing to lose by trying it. I had the same problem with my HHR. The seatback is adjustable for back or recline, and forward or straight up, independantly from the seat bottom. Try releasing the seatback lever on the left side of the seatback and adjust the seatback one notch back. See if that straightens up the armrest. You might have to go back two notches. The arm rest is actually mounted to the seatback, not the seat. If that doesn't work, sleeper's remedy will definately do the trick.