General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Installed OEM fogs on 2010 HHR LS-pics and questions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 09:25 PM

Question Installed OEM fogs on 2010 HHR LS-pics and questions.

Well, I took the plunge and installed the fogs. Here she be.

Name:  IMAG0394.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  56.8 KB
With headlights.
Name:  IMAG0389.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  72.6 KB
Without
Name:  IMAG0392.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  78.6 KB

Here is the wire I added to the fuse box. It runs up to the positive leads on the fogs. I checked it with an Ohmmeter.
It is correctly wired as far as I can tell-haha.
Name:  IMAG0391.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  50.9 KB

This is the relay I installed.
Name:  IMAG0386.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  32.9 KB
Name:  IMAG0384.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  97.6 KB
I don't really have a purpose to these images, just simply to show what I've done so far.

Now, for my questions.

I know that my HHR is an LS, therefore it will not simply work with fogs and OEM switch. I will need to get it programmed by the dealership.

I know some people have claimed that they were able to get the LS computer programmed to work the lights, while others claim that you cannot. Which is the truth? I already installed it and everything is ready to go. When I press my fog lamp switch, my DRLs go out... so something is happening there.

If I get my computer programmed, then, will my lamps illuminate, or, are they supposed to work regardless and simply NOT have the indicator on the dash illuminate?

I ran the wire as indicated from the How-To found here.
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...highlight=lamp
Here is the photo:

I ran the wire according to this image, found in the How-To sited above:

This wire exits to the positive leads on my lamps, and the negative was grounded to the horn bracket.

Will they work once the BCM is programmed, or should they work already? Any other advice will be appreciated.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:01 PM

You can not program a LS BCM for fog lights. You have to have a 1LT or 2LT BCM for that.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:14 PM

Some have said otherwise.

Originally Posted by jerry455
i put the factory fog lights on my 09LS and i used a tech2 to tell the bcm that the car now has fog lights. everything works perfect. I did this mod last summer, a week after I bought my HHR.
From: https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...ht=lamp&page=9
Old 02-06-2011, 10:28 PM

i installed fog lamps in my fathers 07 LS i took it to the dealer and they programed it right up. however the fog lamps did not work untill i installed a missing wire form the relay to the bcm. (after dealer programed the bcm the indicator worked on the dash) All works just like factory now
Old 02-07-2011, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Lucky
i installed fog lamps in my fathers 07 LS i took it to the dealer and they programed it right up. however the fog lamps did not work untill i installed a missing wire form the relay to the bcm. (after dealer programed the bcm the indicator worked on the dash) All works just like factory now
EXCELLENT!! would you be able to explain the procedure on how you wired the switch from the relay to the BCM? I currently have the wire from the relay to the lamps ran, I did not know about the BCM wire >.<

Is there a write-up with images?
Old 02-07-2011, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by nacademus
EXCELLENT!! would you be able to explain the procedure on how you wired the switch from the relay to the BCM? I currently have the wire from the relay to the lamps ran, I did not know about the BCM wire >.<

Is there a write-up with images?
it seems that some cars have the wirring some dont there is a wiring diagram in my gallery. you will need to check the bcm conector pin if the wire is there your good to go if not you have to install it. I can't remember what pin it is but if you print the diagram from my gallery you will see it. gos from bcm to relay in box under hood. if you have to install the wire to the bcm the wiring pins for the bcm conector are avalble from dealer.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:57 AM

I checked the gallery. I can't see the writing or the diagrams all that well.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:12 AM

That looks like a lot of work.

You make me feel guilty for never using my fog lamps.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Later
That looks like a lot of work.

You make me feel guilty for never using my fog lamps.
You're rotten... lol
Old 02-07-2011, 12:18 PM

im in the same boat. im looking for some factory fogs for my LS too. i will be putting HID's in mine though, so im most likely going to just run a switch to my dash, to turn the fogs on/off whenever i want. trying to stay simple with the install. lol.

Quick Reply: Installed OEM fogs on 2010 HHR LS-pics and questions.