Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Hello Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 11:52 PM

Hello Please Help!

First I wanted to know if there's a number I can call or someone I can message that can possibly send me a Chevy HHR LT Owner's Manual in print since the online version I've already looked at is too many pages for me to print out. I would like to have the manual with me while I'm in the car.

Secondly, my used '06 HHR car has been showing check engine light and I already took it to get read. The code that came out let me know that there's something wrong with the knock dispenser. The code is P0327. The light was on during the weekend but it's been off all day today. I was wondering if this problem could at all be the reason the car has been spending much more gas than what it was when I first drove it out of the dealer.

And finally, I had thought at first that my FOB was dead and required a change of battery but turns out that there's something wrong with the wiring in the car and that's why it's not reading the signal from the FOB. The mechanic I went to get help from said that only the dealer I purchased the car at can help me out with that.

The thing is that I left the dealer on bad terms with the sales people. However I technically still have 2 more days to go to them if the car is malfunctioning since it's like a 30 day insurance policy or something like that. Do I have to go back to them...should I go back to them? Or should I just purchase a new independent car alarm system like the mechanic suggested?

But if I do go back to the dealer, which is obviously a Chevy dealer, do I have to go back to the one I purchased the car at or can I go to any Chevy dealer near me?

Last edited by whopper; 07-29-2014 at 01:05 AM.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:04 AM
Platinum Member

Edited to make it a little easier to read, by inserting paragraph breaks.

For a manual - you can call GM and order one most likely. Or visit a wrecking yard.

For the code p0327 AND the key fob - you need to go back to the dealer. How can we tell you if you CAN go to another Chevy dealer? Only you know what the warranty details are (GM itself or the individual dealer).

Should you go back? That's up to you.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:22 AM
Technical Moderator

The sales department has nothing to do with the service department, the service guy doesn't care if you made a scene on the showroom floor or not.

If you are going for "Chevrolet Warranted" service it does not matter what dealer. If the Used Car Salesman told you they would fix things, you got to back to that dealer.

Owners Manual could be downloaded in pdf form to your smartphone or as I have done to my Dropbox, so it is always available to me if I am near an internet connection.

The knock sensor may have just been a transient thing, don't worry about it unless it stays. Don't know about your MPG.