General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR Hitch & Hitch Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 07:29 PM

Here's Pics

Last edited by BlackknighT; 06-05-2010 at 07:22 AM. Reason: .
Old 06-04-2010, 08:10 PM

^ you need to paint your muffler..

looks nice and blends in nicely with the black paint.

do you have some side molding on your doors?
Old 06-04-2010, 08:14 PM

Yes-side molding on doors plus leftovers placed on rear bumper. Molding is called "Camaro" molding. Saved car from lots of dings. Blends in nicely as gloss black. Also made in colors-check to see if there is a body supply distributor near you. Comes in 2 7foot pieces with custom molded ends. Do not get formed ends-they are made by splitting the ends and glueing them back together-bad look.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by the_shmoo
I found these two for 1 1/4" hitches FYI, and the price is approx. the same.

http://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Bike-R...ady/63120.html
http://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Cargo-...ady/63155.html
Does anybody know for sure if the cargo carrier on the link here will work for the HHR for sure? On the e-trailer website, it says "20x48 Cargo Carrier for 1-1/4" (Class II Only) Trailer Hitches". Our HHRs have 1-1/4" hitches, but I'm not sure if its a Class I hitch or a Class II hitch. Can anyone help?
Old 07-11-2010, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by marcsmith
being mine is silver, Id have to get some silver "krylon" to paint the exposed area...:)

i too have a silver HHR, but painted my muffler black.
check my gallery for pics and you'll see how it looks before you paint yours silver.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by goetylsd
Does anybody know for sure if the cargo carrier on the link here will work for the HHR for sure? On the e-trailer website, it says "20x48 Cargo Carrier for 1-1/4" (Class II Only) Trailer Hitches". Our HHRs have 1-1/4" hitches, but I'm not sure if its a Class I hitch or a Class II hitch. Can anyone help?
This is quoted from etrailer web site;
"You would think that any hitch accessory with an 1-1/4" x 1-1/4" shank would work in either a Class I or Class II trailer hitch, but this is not the case. To keep a user from overloading a Class I hitch, Class II hitch accessories, such as drawbars and several bike racks and cargo carriers, are designed to not fit. Manufacturers accomplish this by placing a stopper in the back of a Class I hitch receiver so the drawbar or hitch accessory shank can only slide into the trailer hitch opening so far. On hitch accessories designed for Class II trailer hitches, the shank that slides into the hitch opening is longer. When this longer shank is slid into a Class I hitch, it will hit the stopper and the pin hole on the hitch will not line up with the pin hole on the class II accessory."
Old 07-11-2010, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by an08HHR
"You would think that any hitch accessory with an 1-1/4" x 1-1/4" shank would work in either a Class I or Class II trailer hitch, but this is not the case. To keep a user from overloading a Class I hitch, Class II hitch accessories, such as drawbars and several bike racks and cargo carriers, are designed to not fit. Manufacturers accomplish this by placing a stopper in the back of a Class I hitch receiver so the drawbar or hitch accessory shank can only slide into the trailer hitch opening so far. On hitch accessories designed for Class II trailer hitches, the shank that slides into the hitch opening is longer. When this longer shank is slid into a Class I hitch, it will hit the stopper and the pin hole on the hitch will not line up with the pin hole on the class II accessory."
OK, that's good to know. I guess I'll have to keep looking for a cargo rack then.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:40 PM

Measure the end to hole length and cut the unneeded length, Place carrier in your hitch. I did that with a second receiver so I have one with a 1-7/8" and one with a 2".
Old 07-13-2010, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by goetylsd
It will work. I would have gotten that one instead of what I have now but-the sides on the one in the link were too high for what i wanted to do plus the one I bought has an adjustable tray that can move closer or further away from your bumper. Only thing is mine is 20X36 but I can throw it in the back of the hhrs hatch if needed.

DO NOT buy any hitch tray tha has a straight bar. I tried my neighbors on for size and it was waaaay close to the ground. The raised/angled bar lets you go up & down driveways without hitting the ground.

Mike
Old 07-13-2010, 01:20 PM

My new UHAUL Hitch doesn't have a stopper.