General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR MOM might be gone soon

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 09:48 AM

I really like that new Accent. Truly fresh styling, nicely equipped. I tried to rent one last time on business but they didn't have them yet. Looking forward to a drive report and some pics! Ignore the nay-sayers and get what you want. We had a Sonata and it was indestructible.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by 11BlueJ

I looked at a Hymundai once about 6 years ago, the dealer told me we had to go in the room with the Video cameras before we could talk $$$.
They only did final price dicussions with video running. I said no thanks and went and bought something else ( I do think this may have been this dealer only, or at least only time I have ever heard of that) Felt weird and little commy too me.
That is weird. You did the right thing. But even if they video tape you, its not a sale until they got your signature. Even then, most states allow 3 days to back out of a contract. In other words, until you sign the sales contract and the 3 days passes, they have no legal recourse, video or not.

About 6 years ago, we almost bought a PT. They asked me to sign a paper on just the price negotiation itself, saying that I agreed to buy the car at the price we agreed on. Fine, whatever. My wife drove the car before the negotiation. I drove it after and discovered a hard pull to the left. They said I didn't know what I was doing and that it was torque steer, and to make a long story short, we refused to buy the car. The sales manager chewed me out saying I was dishonest and that I signed a paper saying I would buy it. Poppyc-o-c-k (weird that the naughty word scanner flags this, even though its part of another word). I said take me to court and we walked out. Never heard another word. I even posted a comment about the car's issue on CarFax.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by LewiSS
I really like that new Accent. Truly fresh styling, nicely equipped. I tried to rent one last time on business but they didn't have them yet. Looking forward to a drive report and some pics! Ignore the nay-sayers and get what you want. We had a Sonata and it was indestructible.
Check out Car and Driver as I believe they've already put this model up against some others including the Cruze. Go to their website and you should find it. I honestly forgot where the Hyundai placed but I recall that they did recently did a comparo. I'll see if I can dig up the link for you.

Later
Allex

Edit: It was an Elantra they compared so I'm not sure if it qualifies here, but here's the link: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...mparison_tests
Old 06-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by Doc brown
That is weird. You did the right thing. But even if they video tape you, its not a sale until they got your signature. Even then, most states allow 3 days to back out of a contract. In other words, until you sign the sales contract and the 3 days passes, they have no legal recourse, video or not.
Video/Audio taping is common, it happened to my wife when she bought furniture on a 6 month no payment plan last year. It's not being used to replace the sales agreement, but rather it stops the "he said/she said" bs. It keeps anyone (seller or customer) from making a verbal commitment that is not part of the written deal. Everyone should be comfortable with being taped by now. It happens everywhere you go.

Our cashiers office tapes audio and video of every transaction. Welcome to the new era.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Video/Audio taping is common, It happens everywhere you go.
I wouldn't say that, I haven't seen it anyplace else yet.
And that was 6 years ago.

Since then I have bought 1 Saturn, 1 Toy, and 2 Chev, no tape at any of them. Plus another property and a probably a hundred other things.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:32 PM

I don't even think about getting rid of cars anymore until they have 150-200k. Cars last longer than they used to.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:08 PM

the cruze is a great car dont let those magazine tests sway your buying experience they are so biased its crazzy. ive had my cruze since december and its a great car its very quiet. gets great mileage depending on how its driven ,as with all cars if you havent drove a cruze atleast test drive one . for the money the cruze drives like a much more expensive car .
Old 06-08-2011, 03:46 PM

trust me I looked very hard at the cruze, but for the features we want, $2000 more, plus the warranty is not as good, neither is the mpg. when I compared similar cars it came in 4th on my list. No point in driving a car that has no chance of being bought.

I have not read a bad review yet on the 2012 Accent, all have been good
Old 06-08-2011, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
everything you are saying can be said about our precious HHRs, and HAS been on this forum many times
Quoted for truth.

Every line up has some bad apples. All 100 grapes in the bundle aren't always good ones.

Edit: I have subscribed to MANY different magazines over the years and the one un-biased magazine I have had is consumer reports. Every year they test over 500 different vehicles and rate them in un-biased ways. If you ever need a good opinion on a new car, that is teh way to go..stay FAAAR away from motor trend.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:44 PM

well after careful consideration we decided that purchasing ANY car right now just doesn't work for us, gonna have to wait a few more years