General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Anyone Up For A Contest???

Old 03-31-2011, 01:00 AM

Anyone Up For A Contest???

Back when I was a member of H.O.G. (Harley Owners Group for those that don't know) I participated in the ABC's of Touring Contest that they sponsored. Rules and participation were quite simple and easy to understand. Below is a mock up of what the rules could be for a HHR ABC’s of Touring Program.

All of the following elements must be included in each photo submitted:
1 - Your HHR.
2 - You (the entrant) in at least six photos.
3 - An “Official Sign” as defined below.

An “Official Sign” is:
1 - A government building with the name of the city/village/town/county/state/territory or country on it, such as a post office, police station, or fire stations (libraries, vehicles, schools, water towers and museums do not qualify).

2 - An authorized Chevrolet dealership may be used to designate a city and state (or province in Canada) only. However, the first letter of the actual city where the dealer is located is the letter for which you will be credited. (For example: a photo of “Castle Chevrolet of Villa Park” would give you credit for the letter “V” because that dealership is located in Villa Park, Illinois. Photos in front of dealers must have the name of the dealership appear in the photo, and the name of the city and state written on the back of the photo.

3- Government placed road signs such as State line signs and County line signs. (Mileage markers or directional signs are not allowed.)

4 - You must drive “Your” HHR to each location. (NO Photos of Rental vehicles or HHR’s on trailers will be eligible).

Photos must qualify as outlined previously to be eligible for points.
Points are awarded as follows:

1 - One point for each city, village, town, township or municipality sign from A-Z. Limit one point per letter (maximum of 26 points).

2 - One point for each county, parish or district sign from A-Z. The word county, parish or district (or abbreviation equivalent) must appear on the sign as well as the name. Limit one point per letter (maximum of 26 points).

3 - One point for each state. The name of the state (or abbreviation equivalent) must appear on the sign (maximum of 50 points).

4 - One point for each country. The name of the country (or abbreviation equivalent) must appear on the sign.

5 - One point for each province/territory. The name of the province/territory (or abbreviation equivalent) must appear on the sign (maximum of 13 points).

6 - One point for each National Forest sign. The name as well as “National Forest” must appear on the sign (maximum of 5 points).

7 - One point for each U.S. National Park sign or National/Provincial Park sign in Canada. The name as well as “National” or “Provincial Park” must appear on the sign.

8 - One point for each Rally and/or car show photo. Photo must clearly show you (the entrant), your HHR, and an official rally and/or car show banner or a rally and/or car show staff member with the event name printed on their shirt.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:04 AM
Deceased

OK sounds like fun. Since Spring is finally "springing" and Summer is close at hand, how long will the contest run since we're coming up on prime road trip weather?
Old 03-31-2011, 01:52 AM

Thanks for the quick reply - I was just throwing the idea out there for everyone.
But good question about run time - I would give people at a minumum of 9 months.
My question would be if phisical photos would be required? Or would everyone just post thier photos on a thread?
Old 03-31-2011, 02:13 AM
Platinum Member

Sounds interesting, being a lifetime HOG & a "Hi-mileage" member..
This could be fun..
Old 03-31-2011, 02:21 AM
Deceased

I would think that a formal thread for posting the photos might be best, seeing that not many shoot film or even print their digital pictures that often.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:27 AM

Formal Thread ?? - Got me on that one.
Would it take a Moderator to set that up??
Old 03-31-2011, 07:14 AM

Nope, Just make a new thread with "Offical HHR Tour Contest" Photo entrys only!!

The poster can post any information for their entry in their post.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:21 AM
Banned

Here's my question Tigger, do Military Bases count?
Old 03-31-2011, 07:50 AM

Could definitely be an interesting thread. If I'm reading the rules right, a photo would need: hhr, driver and the sign. Might be kinda hard to get all three if you are by yourself?
Old 03-31-2011, 07:54 AM

"Might be kinda hard to get all three if you are by yourself?"

Tripod and self timer on the camera.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone Up For A Contest???