General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

The I hate my HHR Rant Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 07:59 PM

I have 3 GM products and love all 3. HHR 88 fullsize pickup 06 Trialblazer, so far knock on wood no problems. I will always be a GM fan. I do like jap cars but GM 1
Old 01-29-2010, 08:01 PM

It's interesting that some cars are fine and others fell off the transport. I truly feel your pain. I had a Dodge once that lived in the shop...bought it new too. Had a Plymouth Voyager Van (bought new) that that thought the dealership service shop was it's home.

So far, knock on wood, my HHR has been good to me. 38,510 miles and still going strong...but...time will tell...I hope it will last to 180,000 miles, that's my goal.

Best of luck to you on your next car. I will tell you this...my wife drives a Honda...I've had many Hondas and...I have never had ONE issue with Honda...not one. I've owned four Accords, two vans and a CR-V. Something to consider. But for me, I still LOVE my HHR. I will have to buy another one in 2011 since that is the last production year.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by 87silver
I guess that there's good and bad in everything. Imagine if we judged people because of a few bad ones? (unfortunately some do).

Why is the answer always to give our money to a Japanese corporation when all of the rest of us paid our tax dollars to bail our GM? If I was pissed off at GM to the extent that I had to defect, I'd for one would be looking at Chrysler.

I guess the abandoning of the American community is part of being the "me" generation. It's discouraging.
Yea it really is sad, People act like the Japanese never have a issue, considering right now Toyota is having major issues with its gas pedal problem and it just not in the "cheap" car's either where talking 40k+ Suv's/Trucks as well.

Thing that cracks me up, is people ***** that there is NO jobs in American anymore yet we still keep supporting China/Japan with everything from Car's to basic everyday things. Maybe just Maybe if things were different maybe American's would still have job's. Maybe i think like this because i live in a Area of IL that has the highest unemployment rate 19.5% due to Chrysler's failure or maybe Chrysler and the American public's Failure. On POS car doesn't mean every other model will have the same issue's. Also take in mind the HHR was part of the Old GM.

I also doubt highly the New Malibu is a "rattle trap" considering all the outstanding awards it has gotten since its launch.

Me personally will continue to support American Car's cause dammit your parents and mind build this Country and i'll be damned if i let it all go to China/Japan.. Yea we all know Nissan/Toyota etc. all have factories here and we all know the profits don't stay here. just my .02
Old 01-30-2010, 10:39 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by VictorySpark08
I also doubt highly the New Malibu is a "rattle trap" considering all the outstanding awards it has gotten since its launch.
They aren't, I own one. Best car I have ever owned. The quality is amazing!

I owned my first GM vehicle in 1977. It was a 1974 Buick Regal. Since that time I have owned 15 GM vehicles with only one that I would consider close to a lemon. That was a 1985 Buick Riviera T-Type. Loved the car but it kept laying down on my wife (alternator, ecm, ignition coil, turbo) so I sold it.

Not sure of the reasoning behind someone having a problem with 1 particular model (ie HHR), and because of that never buying that make of vehicle again (ie GM or Chevrolet). What do problems with an HHR have to do with say a Malibu or an Equinox?

When my Riviera became a problem, the solution was simple to me, get rid of it and get something else.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:45 AM

we have an 02 sunfire with 54k on it, bought it new. it is one of the best smaller cars I've owned.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lethal Tendencies
I have a 2000 corvette with 60,000 miles on it with no issues,so I would say GM is not all that bad
thats like comparing a filet to a steak um
Old 01-30-2010, 11:26 AM

Touche'!!, Outstanding comparison!
Old 01-30-2010, 12:29 PM

I usually defend my purchases to the bitter end and have always waved the GM flag. The steering clunk that many of us have becomes a deal breaker. If any of you don't have that problem or don't acknowledge it as a true annoyance, you're lucky or very tolerant. No more said from me about this subject. I'll live with the noise and turn up the stereo some more. At trade in time I'll get to say that that noise you hear is supposed to be there, ask any Chevy technician!
Old 01-30-2010, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Derf
thats like comparing a filet to a steak um
Same company
Old 01-30-2010, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by stephenm
we have an 02 sunfire with 54k on it, bought it new. it is one of the best smaller cars I've owned.
Good to know.We just bought an '02 sunfire for our daughter

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The I hate my HHR Rant Thread