General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

i'm tired of fixing items on my HHR that fail because of bad design....

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 04:48 PM

Rust,Salt and antifreeze

Hi,

I mostly read here. The antifreeze I use I Texaco Havoline ( no Phosphates)... I learned about this when they Setup my Motorcycle and put Prestone in it. It ate the seals on the water pump in 200 miles.

As far as salt on the roads well in WI. they use a liquid salt solution, But here in Iron Mountain, MI. when they run out of salt they use sand.. Not good my chip guard on my 07 looks like the have been sand blasted..

Now rust use here is so common on all makes of cars and trucks. I am in the do it yourself car wash when ever the roads are dry getting done under the car washing everything. The only rust on my HHR Starting is on the rear doors where the chip guards don't cover at the bottom. I have drilled two 1/4 inch holes in the bottom of the hatch to let more air in and sprayed rust converter on the inside over any little spot found.

Hope any of this post helps some people...

bluwing