General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Keyless entry help

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 07:57 AM

Latest update.. Called the dealer gave the my VIN number and yes my car does have Keyless entry..The remotes are $65.97 each and to program them is $66.00... I will have to wait on this one... Thanks
Old 05-18-2010, 08:18 AM

Try a couple of other dealers, they don't all price the same.....
Old 05-18-2010, 01:17 PM

I haven't had to buy any remotes for the HHR but I bought a couple for an Xterra I had on eBay. I believe i gave $20 which included the programming instructions.

Programming a remote is usually very simple... a few steps that you could possibly find online or more than likely someone on here could relay that info to you.

Give eBay a shot.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by DarrenMc

Programming a remote is usually very simple... a few steps that you could possibly find online or more than likely someone on here could relay that info to you.
YOU CAN NOT program a remote for the HHR unless you have a GM tech 11 scanner $$$$. Either a dealer will have to do it or someone with the scanner. Has been discussed many times in other threads on the same topic.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:50 PM

Thanks everyone.. I will go to the dealer and get this done...

Thanks again...

John
Old 05-26-2010, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by an08HHR
YOU CAN NOT program a remote for the HHR unless you have a GM tech 11 scanner $$$$. Either a dealer will have to do it or someone with the scanner.

This is correct... a scan tool is required for programming.

My bad.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:01 PM

I just did this mod 2 weeks ago. I got 2 remotes off ebay one for $6.00 the other for $8.00. One didnt work I forgot to check to see if it broke loose inside. The dealer programmed my working one in for $45.00. I opened my other remote it was broke free fixed the remote took it to autozone where they had a remote tester and it was working. I am goint to have it programmed when I have a second key made since it has to be added also I believe.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:38 PM

i got the same thing as the op....just one key no fob and i just looked and saw that it does have an AP3 code...and i also found these instructions on another site...do you guys think this will work? also what is the part number for the remote with the remote start?

http://chevroletforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20695

Keyless Re-program Instructions
Legend:

Insert key and turn ignition switch to "On"

Follow these steps:
-Press Vehicle information button until "PRESS [checkmark] (set/reset)TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY" displays.
-Press Set/Reset button until "REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE" displays.
-Press and hold both the Lock and Unlock buttons on the keyless remote for approximately 15 seconds. A chime will sound to indicate that the remote is programmed.
-To program additional remotes, repeat step 3. A maximum of 8 remotes can be programmed to this vehicle.
-Exit programming mode by turning key to "Off" position.
-Test Remote(s)
Old 06-07-2010, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by mrsilent13
i got the same thing as the op....just one key no fob and i just looked and saw that it does have an AP3 code...and i also found these instructions on another site...do you guys think this will work? also what is the part number for the remote with the remote start?

http://chevroletforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20695

Keyless Re-program Instructions
Legend:

Insert key and turn ignition switch to "On"

Follow these steps:
-Press Vehicle information button until "PRESS [checkmark] (set/reset)TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY" displays.
-Press Set/Reset button until "REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE" displays.
-Press and hold both the Lock and Unlock buttons on the keyless remote for approximately 15 seconds. A chime will sound to indicate that the remote is programmed.
-To program additional remotes, repeat step 3. A maximum of 8 remotes can be programmed to this vehicle.
-Exit programming mode by turning key to "Off" position.
-Test Remote(s)
I'm not sure if that procedure will work or not. Don't remember "TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY" an option in the menu but, I do have an '06 so I'm not sure about newer models.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:48 PM

I bought a new remote from a locksmith shop a couple years ago for $35.00 and they programmed it to my 2006 HHR using only the key.

Quick Reply: Keyless entry help