General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

New here, could use some help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 02:30 PM

New here, could use some help!

Hello, my name is Seth and I am strongly considering buying an 09 HHR. I have wanted a panel HHR since the day GM mentioned it. I hope to go to the dealer sometime soon (they have been calling!) and I would like to know if there is anything I should know prior to going in. Thank you in advance!
Old 07-04-2008, 03:29 PM

Do your homework first. Know what prices and options are. The 09's will be higher and most likely no incentive right away. You can get $2500 off the 08's right now so that is something to think about. Chevy's web site gives all the options and so forth. Check Kelly's blue book and Napa for info also.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:31 PM

I'm sure lots of people would have good advice for you, but I bought mine at 0% financing, and caught the mod bug, and really have never regretted it. I think there's a contingent of Florida users - you could even ask around about your dealer's reputation before you buy. The difference in how you feel about your car is often colored by the service department you use!!
Old 07-04-2008, 06:47 PM

Unless the E85 Flex Fuel engine certification that the '09's will have is important to you, I would say try to find an '08 panel in inventory-- the deal should be much better. Although panels might be harder to find in existing inventory.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:17 PM

Well... I went in today. The first dealer I went to actually made me laugh. Instead of taking a test drive in an HHR, we took a test drive in my smart car! The sales person was more interested in my car than selling me one. She ended up referring me to another dealership farther away (she probably thought that because I am young that I would not be worth her time). I drove there and they were a little better. They showed me some panels they had in stock, but to tell you the truth the interior kinda disappointed me. I felt like the floor was too high. They did not have any panels in standard shift which is a necessity for me, however they did have a regular one so I went on a test drive in that one. The ride was very nice although a little sluggish. He only let me drive one block and had me turn around, but at least he let me in the car. I have always had trouble with Chevy dealerships, in fact a few years ago I was going to buy an SSR and the experience was so bad that I ended up getting a Jeep.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:42 PM

i recommend finding another dealer to try some out. i went in to the one i bought from twice to test drive. the first time i took out a regular LT and an SS. The guy got me the keys, said have fun trying out and come back eventually. We were gone about a half an hour with each one and the guy didn't come with us, which was great. The second time, same thing, have a good time they said.

I went to another dealer and he hoped in first, drove us around barely paying attnetion to driving while telling us about the car, and then let me drive it like the mile back.

You can tell which one i bought it from. If you don't want an SS, try the 2.4L engine out, it makes a big difference over the 2.2

We've had ours for a few days now and love it.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:40 PM
jx3

Name:  welcome-1-1.gif
Views: 31
Size:  38.2 KB

What dealers did you try? The sales people at Kendall Chevy don't seem like they have that much to do.........always trying to get me in a new HHR everytime that I stop and see if they have any SSs on there lot
Old 07-04-2008, 10:36 PM

Request a price quote over the net. Go to chevy.com find a vehicle at a local dealer. You can view the sticker online. Then when you find one you like, request a quote. If you like the quote, print it and go in and talk to a salesman. NEVER EVER walk in to a car dealer cold. Work out the price before you ever set foot in the door.
My
Old 07-04-2008, 10:42 PM

I had no luck finding a Panel with the options I wanted at the local dealers.I found mine on ebay at a dealer 100 miles away that would deliver in a 100 mile radius. The Panel I bought from them has more options than I wanted,but I'm glad I got it. BTW I never even sat in one,till they delivered it.