General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

No HHR replacment Orlando not comming to US market.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 04:18 PM

No HHR replacment Orlando not comming to US market.

Word out today is the Orlando is not coming to the US market. With the other Cross Overs and MPV's GM has they will pass on this vehicle and concentrait on other needed product.

In other words the new Equilnox has hit a home run and they will invest in other product that does not overlap.

I was at the dealer the other day and they got 14 nox in on Tues and sold them all near sticker by Friday.

I suspect we may see a Cruze wagon or some other kind of fresh vehicle that is not going to overlap the other product. GM just has too many people movers on the market and coming.

We will have to see if this is true.

Note this will not effect the Volt MPV [think better looking Olrlando and HHR size] as of yet. GM hopes to anounce it soon.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:31 PM

Read that earlier today. Here is the link: GM scraps plan to sell seven-seat Chevrolet Orlando in the U.S.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:49 PM

Having no more HHRs just "Bites!"
Old 04-30-2010, 08:54 PM

Is there really a need for a 4 cylinder 7 seat vehicle? I seldom carry more than 3 ever and mostly just myself to work.

I think it will be in GM's best interest to put the money into something more different than what they already have and more fun.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:25 PM

Makes you wonder doesn't it. The HHR doesn't overlap................hhmmm?
Old 04-30-2010, 09:42 PM

I suspect they have a new thing in mind and we will see it soon. Could be something like a vehicle like the GMC Granite only in a Chevy trim vs GMC.

Chevy would be better suited for a cool special car that is not so similar to the Nox.

GM is selling more Nox than anything in years. my local dealer for 14 in on Tue and sold them all by Fri. Chevy needs not to bring in anything that would over lap it.

Also most people who bought the HHR would not buy the Olando. We bought the HHR because it is different then and cool. a new car does not have to be retro to get attention like the Soul or Scion.

We should soon see something to replace this and know why it got the Ax.

7 passenger vehicles with 1.4 turbo engines play well in Europe but here few would care.

The nox is only 5 passenger and is a sell out at near all dealers since it arrived.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:03 PM

This really doesn't surprise me. Like you said, it'd compete with the Equinox, which is already a great seller.

Now a Cruze wagon, that'd be something I'd be interested in! But really, let me know when the Cruze Convertible comes out...
Old 05-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Premium Member

All of this info make me realize just how special our HHR' are, and should just go up in value in the future. What will all of the rental cars buy and rent?
Old 05-01-2010, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by J W Davis
All of this info make me realize just how special our HHR' are, and should just go up in value in the future. What will all of the rental cars buy and rent?
Hyundai Tucson's

We want GM to do as few fleet sales as possible as it is very low profit and kills resale value on most cars. Two that are paying the price now are the Pontiac GP and HHR. Both were sold in larger than normal fleet sales to rental fleets and we the owners pay the price.

Hyundia is now doing more fleet sales and it will hurt them if they continue.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Hyundai Tucson's

We want GM to do as few fleet sales as possible as it is very low profit and kills resale value on most cars. Two that are paying the price now are the Pontiac GP and HHR. Both were sold in larger than normal fleet sales to rental fleets and we the owners pay the price.

Hyundia is now doing more fleet sales and it will hurt them if they continue.

Yeah but it really helps people in the market for used cars. If it weren't for the rentals, I probably could not have afforded mine! Besides, how many people you think rented one and fell in love? Ok...well probably not many... I think it's a good thing. Those HHRS built for rentals would never have been made, so that's less demand for aftermarket parts, and less junkyard pieces once they're older.

Quick Reply: No HHR replacment Orlando not comming to US market.