General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

No HHR replacment Orlando not comming to US market.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 09:10 AM

I think you miss my point. GM needs to make a profit and does not care about people buying used HHR's from Enterprise as they do no make a dime off of them.

It also kills the resale value to the point it make a poor selling point to buy a new one.

Comanies like Honda and others sell few fleet sale vehicles and it gives them one of the highest resale values there are. It is a great selling point.

The bottom line for GM is to make more money per unit sold and selling to fleets hurts GM.

The reason for most fleet sales is the fact that many plants are cheaper to keep open and selling the cars for a loss than closing them down due to union agreements. But how long can a company last doing this?

By all means it helps those in the secondary market but I am looking at this from a GM and new car buyer perspectibe.

If GM does not change the ratio of profiit on many vehicles there will be no more cheap used GM car let alone parts to fix them.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:21 PM

The Equinox is sort of an HHR replacement however more expensive. More money for GM if people make the purchase. It's four banger is rated at 32 mpg.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:45 PM

Chevy cancels plans to sell Orlando in US!!!

Check out this link to Autoweek.
http://www.autoweek.com/article/2010...#ixzz0mtvl95NZ
Chevy will not be selling the Orlando in the U.S. Now we need to get Chevy to keep producing HHR's for us now!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Vetfevr
Check out this link to Autoweek.
http://www.autoweek.com/article/2010...#ixzz0mtvl95NZ
Chevy will not be selling the Orlando in the U.S. Now we need to get Chevy to keep producing HHR's for us now!!!
See the other thread for last Friday. We have already been rehashing this.

FYI: This will not extend the life of the HHR any more than it is alreay set for. GM has new plans they have yet to anounce for a new different product to replace this slot.

Note the Volt MPV will be anounce soon and other things will happen.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by hyperv6
See the other thread for last Friday. We have already been rehashing this.
Threads merged.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:33 PM

We all should have realized the HHR would have a short life, it is GM's 'bandwagon' entry level retro car. The only other car in it's class is the PT Cruiser. The Mustang, Camaro and Challenger all appeal to the retro musclecar crowd, many of whom would not be caught dead in a front driver.

The problem with retro styling is it is frozen in time, and can't be easily 'updated'. What would it become? A nod to the '65 Suburban?
Old 05-03-2010, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by mongo
We all should have realized the HHR would have a short life, it is GM's 'bandwagon' entry level retro car. The only other car in it's class is the PT Cruiser. The Mustang, Camaro and Challenger all appeal to the retro musclecar crowd, many of whom would not be caught dead in a front driver.

The problem with retro styling is it is frozen in time, and can't be easily 'updated'. What would it become? A nod to the '65 Suburban?
OMG YESSSSS.. I loved em, I had several in the last 25 years.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by mongo

The Mini and Beetle both are retro. Infact the Mini is the best selling retro car ever. But even it is running out of gas. They are looking for ways to keep it interesting with a sport coupe and cross over.

At this point Retro for the most is Jumping The Shark. If you don't know what that means Google it and it will explain it better than I.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
The Mini and Beetle both are retro. Infact the Mini is the best selling retro car ever. But even it is running out of gas. They are looking for ways to keep it interesting with a sport coupe and cross over.

At this point Retro for the most is Jumping The Shark. If you don't know what that means Google it and it will explain it better than I.
(Without googleing it), refers to when Fonzie jumped the shark in Happy Days, which signaled the end of the show.... It got a little far fetched, and slowly died from there on out.

And you all think young people don't know anything.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:49 AM

http://www.fquick.com/blog/Chevrolet..._revealed/3807

I hate retro stuff anyway, it will be nice to see some new changes.

Quick Reply: No HHR replacment Orlando not comming to US market.