Originally Posted by vschriver
I just had the oil changed from the dealer and the Oil Life still says 16%. I tried resetting it but it still says 16% am I missing something on resetting the thing? Unless, of course they forgot to put more oil in.
The BCM doesn't know the oil was changed. It is a manual reset. Follow these instructions:
1) Turn the ignition to ON/RUN, with the engine off.
2) Press the information and reset buttons on the Driver Information Center (DIC) at the same time to enter the personalization menu.
3) Press the information button to scroll through the available personalization menu modes until the DIC display shows OIL-LIFE RESET.
4) Press and hold the reset button until the DIC display shows ACKNOWLEDGED. This will tell you the system has been reset.
5) Turn the key to LOCK/OFF.